Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's another sliding door thread. Yes I have searched.. but everyone is in love with these reset procedures.. I want to know if anyone had this issue.

I used the procedure from here http://www.odyclub.com/forums/52-20...ng-door-stop-working-2007-ody.html#post367713

After doing this.. neither door works. It acts like no power is to the doors at all. No more fault on my passenger door but now the once working properly driver side is "dead".

After doing this I saw that my cable on the passenger side has slack and isn't retracting.. so after I get my driver door back I will start the hunt for the cable fix.

I have snipped the procedure here...
<snip>
PSD reset procedure:

(1) Make sure main switch for doors is in OFF position. Remove following fuses one by one and leave it out for at least 30 second (I waited for minute).
* Driver side fuse box (Fuse no. 7 (7.5A) - Back up)
* Passenger side Fuse box (Fuse no. 7 (7.5A) - Instrument pannel)
* Primary under the hood Fuse box (Fuse no. 7 (7.5A) - Back up)
* Primary under the hood fuse box (Fuse no. 15 (40A) - Back up, Acc)

(2) Install all fuses in to original location. Make sure main switch for doors is in OFF positon and make sure the ignition swithc is in LOCK "0" position.

(3) Manually open the sliding doors fully. (Both)

(4) Turn on the ignition switch to ON "II" position while leaving both doors fully open.

(5) Turn on the main switch for power sliding doors on the dash board.

(6) Push and hold close side of the "Master Power door" switch (switch for L & R doors under main power switch on dash board) until door is fully closed. follow the same process for other slide door.

(7) Now you all set. perform the test run to open and close both doors using switch, handle and remote..

You are all Set.... No trip to dealer needed.. If this happen again in short period of time, I will sure bring my car to dealer..

I hope this will help to some other people with similar issue.

Sorry for the late reply guys..
</snip>

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK well overnight the car sat, the driver side door (the one that was ok to begin with) just started working again.

Now I'm just down to the original offender. Seems my cable has alot of slack in it and it won't come out all the way.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Did you ever get this issue resolved?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Door stuck open

Thanks for the post - one comment & two questions
Comment: I have 06 Touring model
Question 1: is there anyway to open and close the sliding doors 'manually'? (We can't even with the battery disconnected)
Question 2: is the rest procedure perhaps different for the touring model?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know it's another sliding door thread. Yes I have searched.. but everyone is in love with these reset procedures.. I want to know if anyone had this issue.

I used the procedure from here http://www.odyclub.com/forums/52-20...ng-door-stop-working-2007-ody.html#post367713

After doing this.. neither door works. It acts like no power is to the doors at all. No more fault on my passenger door but now the once working properly driver side is "dead".

After doing this I saw that my cable on the passenger side has slack and isn't retracting.. so after I get my driver door back I will start the hunt for the cable fix.

I have snipped the procedure here...
<snip>
PSD reset procedure:

(1) Make sure main switch for doors is in OFF position. Remove following fuses one by one and leave it out for at least 30 second (I waited for minute).
* Driver side fuse box (Fuse no. 7 (7.5A) - Back up)
* Passenger side Fuse box (Fuse no. 7 (7.5A) - Instrument pannel)
* Primary under the hood Fuse box (Fuse no. 7 (7.5A) - Back up)
* Primary under the hood fuse box (Fuse no. 15 (40A) - Back up, Acc)

(2) Install all fuses in to original location. Make sure main switch for doors is in OFF positon and make sure the ignition swithc is in LOCK "0" position.

(3) Manually open the sliding doors fully. (Both)

(4) Turn on the ignition switch to ON "II" position while leaving both doors fully open.

(5) Turn on the main switch for power sliding doors on the dash board.

(6) Push and hold close side of the "Master Power door" switch (switch for L & R doors under main power switch on dash board) until door is fully closed. follow the same process for other slide door.

(7) Now you all set. perform the test run to open and close both doors using switch, handle and remote..

You are all Set.... No trip to dealer needed.. If this happen again in short period of time, I will sure bring my car to dealer..

I hope this will help to some other people with similar issue.

Sorry for the late reply guys..
</snip>
This procedure worked to reset the driver sliding door on my 2005 Odyssey EXL. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
This worked for me, yesterday on our 2007 LX Oddy. Only tried door 5-6 times so let's see. I am very reluctant to take to our local dealer (Fairview heights, IL) as they seem to try just changing out every motor and every wheel and still not get it fixed (my friend had similar issue). She ended up spending $2000 over the course of 18 months before getting it fixed!

·
Registered
13,445 Posts
Most of the time the doors not working is caused by a bad switch (usually the base position switch) in the rear door latch/motor assembly. Resetting may cause it to work for a while but it will probably quit again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So anyone in 2019 still having this issue I have a 2008 honda odyssey exl. My doors dont actually latch, they'll sink and come back out a little. To reset it(make it think its home) open door with master switch on, turn off master switch and press both rear and front latch in and press the button that knows when the door is closed, do this a couple times with the door open and you'll trick the van into thinking it has gone home fully (remember to pull door handle to release door latches) . Then turn on master switch and try closing with button.(door should close) if it doesnt keep repeating a couple times....just ganna throw it out there the wife is the one who came up with the idea if messing with the latches and button

1 - 9 of 9 Posts