Honda Odyssey Forum banner

RESOLVED Pairing Device Issue After Phone Factory Reset

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  kernel 
#1 · (Edited)
I tried again later and deleting old connection worked.I would delete this post but i don’t know if that’s possible?

I have a 2012 Honda Odyssey. My iphone was paired to my vehicle. Then I did a factory reset on my phone. Now I can not pair my phone to my vehicle nor delete the old connection to create a new connection.

When I try to delete the “old connection,” the Honda screen freezes on the confirmation screen (I’ve tried it multiple times and it freezes every time). I can select “No” successfully, but when I select “Yes,” it becomes highlighted but never makes the chime confirmation sound nor does anything else.

My phone won’t pair using the old connection (vehicle says it is searching for device and eventually says it can’t be found). I can’t create a new connection because when it searches for devices, it just shows my device name in greyed text (since the vehicle believes it is already paired?).

The major issues seems to be that I can not delete the old connection. I don’t understand why it is not working or what I can do about it.

See less See more
#2 ·
You cannot delete your own post, but a Moderator can.
But why do that? You posted your problem and now you edited your post at the top to show how you resolved that problem!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.