Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we purchased our 01 Ody from the daughter of an elderly woman who drove it no more than to and from the grocery store, we were told of all of the features it had in one sentence; "it has a sunglass holder." In other words, no power locks, no power doors, it did (does) have a cassette deck and no other external media type other than that (not even an Aux port).

Anyway, point being, this had no roof rails on it. I do love taking my family on long-distance trips and feel it'd benefit if we were to have a rooftop cargo box on these trips. With that being said, I guess there are 2 questions:

1) Should I look at aftermarket rails to mount on it?
2) Or (and pardon my lack of terminology here), is there a reliable rack that simply mounts across the roof of the van that doesn't require rails that you possibly have on your vehicle?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Honda use to sell a rack kit for the LX trim which is what sounds like you have. It's now discontinued but I am sure you can find one on ebay, craigslist, wrecking yard, etc....A quick search of yakima and thule shows they don't make anything that will fit, etrailer sells bars that suction cup to your roof but I'll believe in mermaids before I believe those will hold.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Definitely look in junkyards for it, the OEM roof rails are generally the best option for easy install and fit

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
595 Posts
2001 LX, does have power locks. No power doors, but that is a "plus", when you have to "replace" the "rollers", on the sliding doors. (Easy, $5, repair, if you check out posts on this forum). Van has lot's of room in the back. You may find
you do not need a roof rack. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts