Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered 3 poron reverse sensors from Autotoys.com last week - got 3 ody owner friends wanting to have them installed. It is the Micro3 with VDI as described in the tech section by Errol. Only 1 came in the box yesterday, with the invoice handmarked "BO" - which I presumed means back ordered. While the autotoys website shows that my order is "completely processed" and "shipment complete".

Tried to contact the people from autotoys to find out when the rest of the units will come but found there is no number for support. Got to go through email - but did not receive a reply after more than a day. Tried using the web chat but I was on hold for more than 1/2 hour without a response.

Anyone ever deal with Autotoys before? They are still accepting order for the reverse sensor although it is already on back order. Ever order anything from them that is on back order - how long did it take for the item to reach you??

·
Registered
100 Posts
In my experience, communicating with Autotoys is disappointing at best.

On 1/7, I placed an order that included a Poron. I paid with PayPal so they got the money on 1/8. Autotoys did not process the order until after a week and two reminding email messages from me. On 1/21, after another reminder message, they shipped two small items (not the Poron). There was no indication that the Poron was on BO. After serveral email messages from me, the Poron was finally shipped on 1/31. I received it a week later (I live in on the West Coast).

During this time, they never initiated the communication. I had to ask them. Most of my email messages were unanswered. When they did reply, the messages was very impersonal, very terse and with no signature.

I think your order will be shipped ultimately. To me, that was the first and the last order.

-- Hoa

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid for the transaction with PAYPAL - using my credit card. If I do not receive the order by the time the credit card bill comes, can I ask the bank to withhold payment?

In this case, what is the role of paypal, being the intermediate party in this transaction?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I ordered directly from Poron for about $139.
It was a nice experience. there was a 1-800 number to call, check the thread for poron mini3 reverse aid.

·
Registered
368 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sdody:
Anyone ever deal with Autotoys before? They are still accepting order for the reverse sensor although it is already on back order. Ever order anything from them that is on back order - how long did it take for the item to reach you??</font>
Lots of negative postings here a few months back about autotoys. Their customer service is non existent and their return policies really suck. I'd shop elsewhere and save yourself the grief.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I haven't found anywhere else to get the Poron, even tried contacting Poron directly. Their web site says they want dealers, but that is about it. Anyone have suggestions or know where to get them?
John

·
Registered
239 Posts
Here is the number again:
1-800-869-8866, ask for John Lee, he is the U.S. distributor of the Poron product.
For more info about the Poron discussion, check the topic: Poron reverse aid' in this forum, I believe it is now in the 2nd page. And also, there is another discussion in the 'DIY' forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts