Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. I have Ody'19 EX. Right side sliding door on and off closes by itself when gets open. When it happens, also window on the same door would not close by itself when try to use automatic close. I could not find if any one mentioned it here. Did any one encounter that? Any recommendations? I did go to Dealer, car was normal at that time so they didnt find anything.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hello guys. I have Ody'19 EX. Right side sliding door on and off closes by itself when gets open. When it happens, also window on the same door would not close by itself when try to use automatic close. I could not find if any one mentioned it here. Did any one encounter that? Any recommendations? I did go to Dealer, car was normal at that time so they didnt find anything.
Thank you in advance.
Was the window fully closed before you tried to open the door? If not then close the window fully and then try to open the door and see it it fully opens and stays open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
287 Posts
Was the window fully closed before you tried to open the door? If not then close the window fully and then try to open the door and see it it fully opens and stays open.

I don’t see why that should effect it. Is there something in particular you are trying to troubleshoot with this test or is it just to see if it makes a difference?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Window is closed. Door opens fully, beeps and then closes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to the dealer when they did the check, they could not find anything. It happens at random. Can be couple of days with no problems, then happpens. Can last a day or less.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sounds like the anti punch feature is being triggered. When a sensor detects something is being pinched it reverses directions. When this happens with a window the auto up and down don’t work.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Window is closed. Door opens fully, beeps and then closes.
While the door is opening, if you hinder it manually is the symptom the same?
Sounds like a sensor that recognizes that the door is fully open, is not set correctly with the proper margin of error.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like the anti punch feature is being triggered. When a sensor detects something is being pinched it reverses directions. When this happens with a window the auto up and down don’t work.

Auto up works but window gets up to the middle and then goes down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like a sensor that recognizes that the door is fully open, is not set correctly with the proper margin of error.
Not exactly sure about your question. Should i reset the doors you think? read it some where that doors can be reset.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Raptor88 said:
Not exactly sure about your question. Should i reset the doors you think? read it some where that doors can be reset.
What I meant was when I open our 2019 EX's sliding door, if I manually resist it opening using two hands, the door thinks it hit something so the auto safety feature automatically reverts to "close" mode and it closes fully.

There must be a way for the sliding door to recognize that it is fully open and disable the auto safety feature so that it won't revert to "close" mode when it hits the fully open stop bumper. Check with your dealer to verify that that setting is correct with margin of error. (Referring to the margin of error, maybe 1" before being fully open, the auto safety feature is disabled.) I didn't know there is a way to reset the sliding doors so don't know if that could fix your problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts