Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,581 Posts
D2R HID systems from that time frame used by Honda and Nissan don't have any sort of auto level technology. It is simply a conventional style headlight fitted with a reflector to support using an HID D2R spec bulb.

I don't think that tiny bulb is a DRL; I think these are called "city lights." When you are in a very brightly lit locale (great street lighting), some European municipalities require drivers to turn off their main headlights at night, and turn on a small light that in the headlights that show the vehicle is in operation.

These are a true find, as they put out a really good headlight beam. These OEM parts beat the pants off of all of those sh1tty drop-in LED bulb replacements that blind everybody. Where did you find these?

OF

Reactions: 00Odysseus

·
Premium Member
8,581 Posts
The tiny bulb is indeed a city light. I wondered about DRL because there is an extra plug on the back of the head light housing, I wondered if it could be for DRL or highbeams. I'm not too savvy on how HID's work, if they need a separate bulb for high beams or not.
In general, they need a separate bulb for the high beam. I have no idea how this would work with this setup. Moving shield over the HID capsule? Halogen light that illuminates across the reflector? No idea.

Also, I understand that these being RHD headlights, I will have to make some adjustments to the beam pattern as to reduce glare to oncoming traffic.
It's got an uptick of light to the left, right into the eyes of oncoming traffic. No idea how you'll fix that.

OF

1 - 2 of 2 Posts