Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! This is my 1st post! Yesterday my wife an I picked up our '02 RRP Ody! Had Fog lights and full wood kit w/steering wheel installed...looks nice!
Anyway, my question: The dealer tried selling us the 7 year/100,000 mile extended warranty. Now, let me say we want to get it. We do. But, through these boards, I now know I can get it cheap (and when I can afford it...in a month or two!). What I was told worried me...The dealer said well yeah you can buy it later but you get no roadside assistance with it if you buy it later. only if you buy it NOW!!! (he was quite agitated when I mentioned the $895 I could buy it for). Is this true? Since I did not get the warranty at delivery, but in a few months as planned, I don't get Honda's roadside assistance?
Thanks in advance for any input on this!

Bob.

PS Got the trunk liner, wheel locks, and mudguards from H and A way cheap compared to the dealer costs! Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TiggerGotAnOdy:
What I was told worried me...The dealer said well yeah you can buy it later but you get no roadside assistance with it if you buy it later. only if you buy it NOW!!! (he was quite agitated when I mentioned the $895 I could buy it for). Is this true? Since I did not get the warranty at delivery, but in a few months as planned, I don't get Honda's roadside assistance?
</font>
I don't think this is correct. If you go to www.hondawarranty.com it mentions 24-hour roadside assistance as being part of the warranty, and nothing I can find on the page says that the roadside assistance is contingent upon buying the warranty at the time of sale. I can't think of any reason why that would be the case -- I think your dealer was giving you a line of BS to get you to buy from him.


------------------
'02 MB EXL-RES on order... woo!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Quote: "and full wood kit w/steering wheel installed"
Congratuation on your new toy. So, yours did not comw with a steering wheel? or you meant the wood-grain steering wheel which HandA sells for $360 plus shpping, it is NICE. No wonder you can't afford the extended warranty offered by the greedy dealer. Kidding..... Welcome to our club.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I've previously posted that I got mine from Steve Larsen at Dan Porter Motors for $850 (I think he's at about $875 now but still worth it.) My warranty, which I bought 2 months after I took delivery included the Roadside Assistance. I think the dealer was just pi**ed that you are an informed customer that they couldn't put one over on. As long as it's Honda's warranty, get it from whoever is the cheapest!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Road side assistance is part of the Honda Care package. I purchased mine from Tracy after we bought the car, and it includes the Roadside Assistance. Your dealer was just trying to scare you into buying it from him. I don't know why they do that because you are going to find out anyway, and just be irritated at them. It just dosen't make sense to me. If they cannot meet the price, they should just let people get it where they can and be happy that they made the profit on the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
The day when I picked up my 02' Ody, I brought with me a print-out of the prices Tracy posted here in March. I showed it to the finance guy after he quoted me a price of $1200, he hesitated a little bit and took the paper to his manager, came back and said he'd match Tracy's price for $875. And yes, roadside assistance does come with the Honda Care.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HAHAH funny lotus...you know what I meant! Actually got the wood kit, wood steeting wheel, and fog lights all just slightly above H and A prices through the dealer and a reasonable install rate (like $150 extra for all) because I showed my salesperson the costs on-line right at the dealership. The actual sales manager was cool, too. It wasn't until we got into the "finance managers" office that it all got messy.

Thanks all for the info and piece of mind!

Bob.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Any of you aware of any downside in waiting 1 year (or even the first 3 years) to purchase the HondaCare extended warranty?
Sunil

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LHOdy:
Road side assistance is part of the Honda Care package. I purchased mine from Tracy after we bought the car, and it includes the Roadside Assistance. Your dealer was just trying to scare you into buying it from him. I don't know why they do that because you are going to find out anyway, and just be irritated at them. It just dosen't make sense to me. If they cannot meet the price, they should just let people get it where they can and be happy that they made the profit on the car.</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PassiveSpectator:
Any of you aware of any downside in waiting 1 year (or even the first 3 years) to purchase the HondaCare extended warranty?
Sunil

</font>
The price and availability are not guaranteed.

At some time in the future, Honda could say, "We are no longer going to sell new warranties to vehicles older than X years and xx,xxx miles." I don't expect them to do that, but they could.

They could also raise the price.

------------------
Regards,

Maugham
_ ________________________ _

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EX-L
'85 Prelude
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green grass stains and '01 White Laces
Rockport MW351 Brown Boots (for winter) and '00 Brown Laces
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top