Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just under 1500 miles on our 2011 Polished Metal Elite and I noticed a rock chip on the hood today. Anyone have advice on the best way to repair this?

·
Registered
170 Posts
clean area well will isopropyl alcohol, use Honda touch up paint very lightly, use mild polish (scratch x) to help fade it in. wax.

honestly, you really just want to prevent rust from forming more than anything else.

rock chips are going to happen, they're inevitable, and even a clear bra or paint protective film won't be 100% fool proof.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Sorry you got a chip. We have one, but I think it is just bad paint. The finish on our hood is bad and I may try to get them to repaint the hood. Anyway, assuming it is just a small chip, touch up paint from Honda will work. It will not look like new, but it will keep it from rusting and no one but you will probalby be able to see the repair. If you have not used touch up paint before, you might want to practice on something else. As for any sanding or anything like that, it might be like rubbing out an ink spot, where the more you do to fix it, the worse it gets. Just a dab dropped into the chipped out part should prevent further damage.

·
Registered
463 Posts
One last point...you don't want much paint on the brush when you touch it to the chipped area. Too much on the brush and it will look bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts