Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First and last time buyer from Rockauto. Here is my experience.
Ordered from rockauto Mevotech Supreme brand of control arms for Honda Odyssey 06 EXL parts (CMS60120 & CMS60121).
Received two boxes with top cover ripped on each. Inside there were Original Grade of Mevotech control arms - less expensive part #s.
Interestingly enough the boxes themselves are from Supreme brand (w/picture and correct part #).

I called Mevotech. They confirmed that the parts I received are Original Grade and not Supreme. They also told me that they recently have got a few calls from Rockauto's customers who were similar situation (i.e. received Original Grade parts instead of more expensive Supreme). Off course, I was pissed and tried to call Rockauto. To my surprise they don't have a phone number and only communications is through e-mail.

What irritates me most is that Rockauto shipping department deliberately put wrong parts in original Supreme brand boxes thinking that I as a customer would not see the difference.

My recommendation don't use this company.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The first thing Mevotech support asked me was if I bought the part from Rockauto and I'm like how do you know..

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Just send them back. They'll pay the shipping.

I've ordered tons of parts from RockAuto and always gotten exactly what I ordered.

·
Registered
170 Posts
been lucky with rock auto.
had to return some items no questions asked and credited right away.
hope the op's experience was random.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm with the OP. I've used Rockauto 3x's before and each time they've sent me the wrong items. Sucks when you have the car lifted up and find out they sent you the wrong pads (Accords). Had to leave my van lifted for another week while I had to ship the pads back. Crappy that there is no phone service, everything must be done only online or via email. My last straw was when my brother used them for brakes and rotors for his X5. They only sent him half his order. So again he had to leave his car up on stands while he waited for the rest of his order. They then sent half of the rest of the order. He then went on their FB page and complained. Instead of getting any service reply, they deleted his post and banned him from their page. Zero customer service skills. Our circle of friends then went on there and asked what was wrong with this order and why the service was so poor. Every single one was banned without reply. They are good for their prices but crap at their warehouse and service. Will pay more for something local.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've used RockAuto in the past and never had problems with incorrect parts. The only things that I've not liked about them is their frequently slow shipping, and if you want it within the next few days, the exorbitant shipping charges. Other than that, their website is easy to navigate, easy to find the parts you want, and generally affordable pricing.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Surprised to hear they were swapping boxes... I have ordered from them many, many times (I have a dozen or so of their magnets on my tool box) and have never received the incorrect part. I have received parts that were defective, and ran into the same "no phone number" issue which was pretty annoying, but they are very responsive to emails, and the exchanges were always handled quickly and painlessly. I have actually bought Mevotech lower control arms for our old 05, but went with the 07+ aluminum arms - they came in mevotech supreme boxes and looked identical to the images on the rockauto website as well as the mevotech website (they don't appear to have an original grade for the 07+, so no chance of a switcheroo, I suppose) - sounds like they have a few bad apples in their shipping department if the boxes were already opened and parts swapped out...

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
What are the chances that a previous customer ordered both models and returned the original models in the Supreme packaging for a better refund? It's certainly possible that the receiving clerk wouldn't have known the difference between the two and re-stocked them not catching the scam. Or what about a disgruntled employee on his last day? There have been way too many reports of Rock Auto delivering good service to believe this was a company sanctioned scam vs a one off honest mistake, disgruntled employee, etc. If this was happening on a regular basis their business would tank. I will continue to use them when it makes sense.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
I've been ordering a bit less from them lately because by the time I add in tax, shipping, and the week (sometimes more) to get the stuff, it's not worth it. Other than slow shipping sometimes I haven't had any issues with their parts. I like being able to get OEM parts at reasonable prices, too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts