Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello just would like to ask if anyone uses rockauto for parts, I usually use Amazon for my parts, but noticed some good prices on oem parts than amazon, only thing is I have to pay shipping but it's still a better price for the parts I would pay then getting them from the dealer, Ebay I never bought anything from there as well but I feel squetchy using Ebay, but if you guys got any feedback I would appreciate it.
I'm ready to buy the parts from rockauto but I'll wait to see if u guys reply to the post thanks..

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Rock Auto is a great, legit source for auto parts. I buy a lot of aftermarket parts from them. But I don't consider them as a source for genuine Honda parts, unless you know who the OEM is. I have also had great customer service from Rock Auto when I've had to return parts.

For genuine Honda parts at a discount, I buy from Majestic or Bernardi.

Amazon third party sellers are a risk for counterfiet parts (counterfeit NGK spark plugs for example) Similar risk with Ebay.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I used Rockauto a few times for my other cars. So far no problem. They have some OEM parts. I guess Amazon has easier return if something is not right.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for your response, well I'm current looking some wheel hub bearing for my ford explorer which oem for them is motorcraft, the ones I have on are done, lasted maybe 20000 mile, aftermarket crap.
The originals lasted around 100000.
And I noticed rockauto has the best price for them around 120 each, compared to the ford dealer, around 180 each, I'm thinking of taking the risk and buying them from rockauto. I'll update u guys to see what route I go.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Rock Auto is a great, legit source for auto parts. I buy a lot of aftermarket parts from them. But I don't consider them as a source for genuine Honda parts, unless you know who the OEM is. I have also had great customer service from Rock Auto when I've had to return parts.

Amazon third party sellers are a risk for counterfiet parts (counterfeit NGK spark plugs for example) Similar risk with Ebay.
This is pretty much my experience... Majestic or Bernardi for Honda parts; Rockauto has great prices for aftermarket if you can keep from paying too much on shipping.

If you are putting in a Rockauto order, they often have really good prices on wiper blades and interior light bulbs, so stock up on the "little stuff". You can get cheap oil filters there, too.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts

I agree with everything you've said, but just want to toss out one more suggestion:

Check out Big Honda Parts at parts.bighonda.com

Best Price on Genuine Honda OEM Parts & Accessories | Big Honda Parts

They are the online parts department at a Honda dealer in Florida. I typically find them to be the least expensive for OEM parts. Shipping may make a difference based on your location, so be sure to add that in. Just another option.

(I won't include the dealer's name because ordering through the dealer's own parts department is ridiculously more expensive, sometimes two times the Big Honda Parts price. I don't want anyone to make the mistake of looking up prices on the dealer's website.)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree with everything you've said, but just want to toss out one more suggestion:

Check out Big Honda Parts at parts.bighonda.com

Best Price on Genuine Honda OEM Parts & Accessories | Big Honda Parts

They are the online parts department at a Honda dealer in Florida. I typically find them to be the least expensive for OEM parts. Shipping may make a difference based on your location, so be sure to add that in. Just another option.

(I won't include the dealer's name because ordering through the dealer's own parts department is ridiculously more expensive, sometimes two times the Big Honda Parts price. I don't want anyone to make the mistake of looking up prices on the dealer's website.)
Thanks man I'll check that store out.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I purchase almost all of my parts on Rock Auto. As indicated, it helps to bundle parts and also check where things are shipped from (site can do it for you) for lower shipping costs. There are very few things that I would not purchase from them, about the only exception is some OEM body parts, which you can only get via OEM.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm almost strictly RockAuto for car parts unless the dealer has something I need in a pinch. Prices blow away the chain auto parts stores by a mile.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Because I smoke lots of crack, sniff lots of glue, and live in a trailer park, I buy all my replacement parts exclusively from Autozone. Who cares if they break before I get the car on the ground, they are close and convenient.
(Yes I have utter contempt for their garbage parts... things like no wear indicators on brake pads, ball joint seals that fell apart in one year... DOA starters you have to repeatedly R&R)
I even hesitate to buy oil there now. $42 for a jug of mobil1 walmart sells for $28.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I believe Rock Auto is a sponsor of this forum and as such offers a 5% discount code somewhere on this forum.

I believe both Majestic and Bernardi are alsoHonda dealerships that offer Honda parts at a discount.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
All you need to know is RockAuto is legit. End of story. You can just trust my experience, I have 4-5 inch high magnet stack from them.
Last oem item I bought from them is Mopar radiator for 13 Wrangler, that was a week ago. Got exact OE part in OE packaging. Their selection of OE parts is very limited.

Motorcraft is slightly different though. They are a company that sells parts directly and Ford supplier. Just make sure you get the same part number as OE ford part if you want to buy exact same thing. I have seen some weird shenanigans with Motorcraft parts when I was buying brakes for Lincoln. Multiple part numbers for both rotors and pads.
I have recently ran into this with Nissan, where they sell "Value" parts and original parts. Basically there are two catalogs, and without explicit knowledge of it, you
could buy "value" part, thinking its the same as original.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Because I smoke lots of crack, sniff lots of glue, and live in a trailer park, I buy all my replacement parts exclusively from Autozone. Who cares if they break before I get the car on the ground, they are close and convenient.
(Yes I have utter contempt for their garbage parts... things like no wear indicators on brake pads, ball joint seals that fell apart in one year... DOA starters you have to repeatedly R&R)
I even hesitate to buy oil there now. $42 for a jug of mobil1 walmart sells for $28.
BRUH, I mean they
All you need to know is RockAuto is legit. End of story. You can just trust my experience, I have 4-5 inch high magnet stack from them.
Last oem item I bought from them is Mopar radiator for 13 Wrangler, that was a week ago. Got exact OE part in OE packaging. Their selection of OE parts is very limited.

Motorcraft is slightly different though. They are a company that sells parts directly and Ford supplier. Just make sure you get the same part number as OE ford part if you want to buy exact same thing. I have seen some weird shenanigans with Motorcraft parts when I was buying brakes for Lincoln. Multiple part numbers for both rotors and pads.
I have recently ran into this with Nissan, where they sell "Value" parts and original parts. Basically there are two catalogs, and without explicit knowledge of it, you

Thanks guys, yes what I have in my cart is the right part number, everything looks the same as I researched the same part number elsewhere and only difference is the price, sometimes it's too good to be true, also I'm thinking I need new rotors for my 06 odyssey touring what's the best rotors for this van cuz I heard oem rotors suck but u guys might know more on that.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Scroll down to the Rock Auto thread in the Forums and get the discount code. It's just been updated for this month.
When I needed a ABS sensor for my '96, local Honda dealer wanted $$$, Isuzu dealer was a little better. Rock Auto had best price and the bag for the sensor had both Honda and Isuzu stickers on it!

·
Registered
48 Posts
This is pretty much my experience... Majestic or Bernardi for Honda parts; Rockauto has great prices for aftermarket if you can keep from paying too much on shipping.

If you are putting in a Rockauto order, they often have really good prices on wiper blades and interior light bulbs, so stock up on the "little stuff". You can get cheap oil filters there, too.
OMG, thanks for this... I didn't realize they were selling oil filters that cheap. Don't know why it didn't cross my mind to look on RockAuto when shopping for Bosch oil filters a few weeks ago, especially since I had just put in an order for my timing belt kit and was paying for shipping anyway. Bosch 3323 oil filter is only $4 on RockAuto - cheapest I could find elsewhere (Amazon or Pep Boys) was over $7. Wix filter is $4.50 on RockAuto too.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Rock auto is great. They have several distribution warehouses in the USA. Depending on where you live and where they are shipping from, I sometimes receive my order the next day. Usually 2-3 days.
Remember to use the 5% discount code. It is always available, but it changes each month.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts