Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to the car wash and had the dirt knocked off the ole '06 Ody Touring, and was I in for a surprise! While in the car wash, while the top of the Ody was being sprayed, I had water run down from between the headliner and windshield, on the drive's-side. I assume the water came in from the sunroof area? I checked the sunroof and was totally closed. The seal around windshield is good too. ???

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Had the same problem with our '06 Civic. The outside seal on the windshield looked good and so did the seal on the sun roof. The problem was the sealant that they used to glue the windshield on was no good. Had a glass shop remove the windshield and re-seal it. Haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually had a small pock-mark on the windshield and got it replaced. I thought that was the problem, but still leaking. Obviously the sunroof is the problem, just where do I look?? No real noise coming in, so I assume the seal is good?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
check out your sunroof drains. There are located in the front corners of sunroof opening. If they don't appear to be plugged, try blowing them out with a compressor.
If you want a little experiment, pour water around your sunroof, with sunroof open. The water should be directed into channels that lead to drain holes. The water you poured should be coming out under your car. Don't pour too much water, you don't want it flooding into car.
good luck,
Max

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've been told that could be the problem? I looked but could not see any holes? I will examine that further. THANKS.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sunroof drains

Anyone had experience cleaning the sunroof drain holes, or checking if they're clear? Again went through car was yesterday and had a constant stream of water leaking down on me. HELP!

maxud said:
check out your sunroof drains. There are located in the front corners of sunroof opening. If they don't appear to be plugged, try blowing them out with a compressor.
If you want a little experiment, pour water around your sunroof, with sunroof open. The water should be directed into channels that lead to drain holes. The water you poured should be coming out under your car. Don't pour too much water, you don't want it flooding into car.
good luck,
Max

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Did you try a simple test that I told you about?
Open your sunroof. Take a cup of water. Stick your head through the sunroof, so you can see what you are doing. Pour water on the edge of the sunroof, there are depressions meant to handle excess water, so the water is directed to the front drains. You can visually follow the water and see it "go down the drain". If the water does not drain, that means you have clogged drains. It should be easy to clean if you have a compressor with little blower gun attachment.
Otherwise take it to the shop.
Max
p.s. your car should not get wet at all during this test. Even if the water does not drain, you can soak it up with paper towels. For obvious reasons you don't want to use a water hose. Just use controlled amount of water and you will be all set.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they're clogged

drains are clogged.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I haven't had the pleasure with my van, but I cleared the moonroof drains in my cruiser a while back. I wouldn't recommend using compressed air. Try using copper wire.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Use some thin wire to poke gently into the drain holes to clear the obstruction...perhaps do this after pouring a bit of water in the channel so you can easily see when it has cleared.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts