Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

First time posting here! I'm the proud owner of a '99 ody and got some roof rails for it from a local scrapyard. Problem is, they only came with 7 of the 12 needed screw posts and just 2 of the 4 needed bolts used for mounting the rails to the roof lugs and to the middle towers. Needless to say, the rails are loose and I don't trust them to hold anything until I get all the hardware on. Problem is, I can't find squat on where to get the gosh darn screw post. The dealer quoted me $100 which is laughable. The posts are T30 M6 posts with ~22 mm wide heads and a ~21 mm deep barrels. The closest I could find is the below link, a part for far newer CRVs, but a forum post quoted their dimensions as similar to those which I need. Another solution I can think of is a stubby, small-headed M6 screw post with a washer and an extender to get it the full ~22 mm down to the threaded roof lug. Anyone have any ideas on this problem, or leads on where to get the right parts for less than a crazy $100? Thanks all, and happy driving! Max.
IMG_1574.JPG

·
Registered
745 Posts
Did you try another pick-a-part place with another odyssey? Even a different year maybe using the same bolts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you try another pick-a-part place with another odyssey? Even a different year maybe using the same bolts?
I haven't yet, though that's a good idea. Only problem is I had to have my rack mailed from a yard 100 miles away, none in my metro area had 2nd gen roof rails. Maybe if I'm out of town in the future and nearby a yard which has one. Do you think a yard would ship out just the mounting hardware?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You should call the scrapyard that sent you those and ask for the rest of the bolts.
Thanks Nitely2! I gave them a ring and they were sympathetic and allowed me to stop by and grab the remaining screw posts for free. For reference, the yard was B&R here in the PNW USA. Thanks all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts