Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have narrowed down my choices to the Audiovox 6.8 system from Circuit city and the Rosen 6.4 system from Best Buy. I can get both systems installed for about the same price. Each system looks good in the store.

I am leaning towards the Audiovox system mainly because it has a 3 year 36 month factory warranty vs the 1 year warranty on the Rosen.

I would like to hear from anyone who has installed either system. Have you had any problems? Is the screen easily visible from all seating locations? Do the wireless headphones work well?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have the Audiovox system (installed by dealer). I've been quite happy with it so far - screen is very bright and easily seen from all rear seating positions. It came with two wireless (IR) headphones; these headphones have an on/off switch but they also have a switch in one earpiece - in other words, they have to be on someone's head in order for the earphone switch to make contact, thus turning them on. I like that feature. The headphones also seem to be of good quality; no noise or interference. I like the TV tuner in this system, also; we use that quite a bit just running around town.

------------------
David
'01 GG EX-NAVI
Classic Soft Trim leather kit; Audiovox entertainment system; Gentex auto dimming compass/temp rear view mirror; Pioneer speakers front & rear; splash guards; cargo tray; cargo liner; power door mods; Helm manual; Honda litter bag.

·
Registered
200 Posts
FlaDan,

I had the Rosen system installed by the dealer, but my understanding is that the Best Buy system is essentially the same. There are pictures on our system under the Tech section of this site or follow the link my signature to see the pictures at fototime.

As for my input, the two things that I didn't like about the Audiovox system were the screen reflections and the extra cost to get an auxiliary jack somewhere on the floor. Maybe it was the orientation of the display model, the sun, etc., but I thought that there was a lot of glare on the Audiovox screen. Also, the auxiliary jack is in the roof unit. I was told that for $40 I could have another one located somewhere on the floor.

Just my $.02 worth. Good luck on your decision.

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX
Cassette, Video System, Fog Lights, Splash Guards

See photos at:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/B5EC5C7BC6CFA07

·
Registered
255 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jvennitti:
Also, the auxiliary jack is in the roof unit. I was told that for $40 I could have another one located somewhere on the floor.
</font>
There are auxiliary jacks in the roof module, true; but the ones I use in my Audiovox unit are in the VCR which is mounted underneath the driver's side second row passenger seat - very convenient to access. You don't have auxiliary jacks in your VCR unit??

------------------
David
'01 GG EX-NAVI
Classic Soft Trim leather kit; Audiovox entertainment system; Gentex auto dimming compass/temp rear view mirror; Pioneer speakers front & rear; splash guards; cargo tray; cargo liner; power door mods; Helm manual; Honda litter bag.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Groupset & Jvennetti,

I also noticed some glare with the audiovox at one circuit city. However at another circuit city there was no evidence of glare. I think the glare was because of a poor display set up.

Groupset, have you noticed any glare with your system? Also you said that you were using the auxillary jack in the vcr instead having a separate one installed. Is the jack installed on the front or back of the VCR? If it is in the back of the VCR it seems that it may difficult to access if the VCR is installed under the front passenger seat as I am planning to.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I haven't noticed so much glare with my system that it caused me to go "wow...that's a lot of glare!". I guess I accept that there's going to be some glare on any type of screen in the daytime. The VCR mounted under the second row driver's side seat actually has two sets of auxiliary inputs - one set in the rear and one in front. The ones in front are easily accessible and not covered up by anything, but the ones in back are covered by the mounting bracket the VCR sits in so they're pretty much inaccessible.

------------------
David
'01 GG EX-NAVI

1 - 6 of 6 Posts