Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What pads and rotors do people here suggest? I have done a rotor and pad job on my saab but never on my minivan. Same thing applies? any instructions anywhere on a rotor and pad replacement?

·
Super Moderator
13,642 Posts
Some people never change. Did you try SEARCHING on here for existing threads on the subject?

·
Registered
419 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just hate brake dust and the OEM's put alot of that out - I put akebono of my saab and was wondering which ones would do well for the odyssey?

·
Super Moderator
13,642 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
I just hate brake dust and the OEM's put alot of that out - I put akebono of my saab and was wondering which ones would do well for the odyssey?
I have not noticed the OEM's doing that. Maybe is just me. I do wash both my black cars every week though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just ordered Akebono pads and Centric Premium rotors for my fronts.

Horrible grinding noise at slow speeds after hard braking. Currently on OEM (Avics) pads and rotor that look great. Reassembled and greased 2x looking for the problem. I'm thinking that uneven pad deposition is the problem.

A shop manager I talked to looking for an on-car lathe told me that the OEM pads are the problem. He said to get a premium pad and either machine the rotor or get new ones. When I mentioned I was thinking about Akebono pads he said they were among the best he's seen. I'm on a vacation deadline so I went for new rotors instead of machining. With shipping they are about $60 a piece so it's competitive with machining.

I think pad bed-in may be critical to prevent uneven deposits on these rotors so I will be using the Stop-tech recommended bed-in procedure.

StopTech : Balanced Brake Upgrades

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have had the same problem - when I get my tires rotated sometimes the tech torque's the wheels unevenly making the rotors shift and therefore get uneven wear. I had to get the rotors machined because of that. Now my pads are almost gone thus the reason to order replacements

1 - 9 of 9 Posts