Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Odyssey with 130,000 miles. It is parked on an inclined driveway, facing down the incline. Recently at first start of the day it has a very rough idle and it will quickly stall out. If I immediately put it in gear with the brake on the rough idle disappears. I did an experiment where I parked the car facing up the slope and did not have the rough idle problem (we park facing down the slope so that the doors will stay open). I have also tried pushing on the brake to add some load but it does not change the rough idle. Any ideas how to diagnose?

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I can only suggest parking the Ody facing uphill several more times to see if it is indeed a problem with facing uphill or downhill.
That's all I got for now. :unsure:
Buffalo4

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I did the uphill start 6 times in a week. It was fine every time. Trying to see if there is something odd before chasing vacuum leaks and other things.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Thanks for that reply.
I still have no idea and hopefully you will get some helpful responses, but since this is a weekend, you may have to wait until Monday.
Have you had the codes read? There may be a hint in there within 'pending' codes, etc.
Curious if you have the AC on when you start your ODY.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have read the codes and none are set and none are pending. I will turn the a/c off to try for tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
Bob70374
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing