Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. We just bought a '97 Ody with a rebuilt motor. 152k on the original, 82k on the new motor. It was rough when we bought it, but we got a great deal.

Now, for the past two weeks it's been idling rough, and will stall when it comes to a stop. The Honda dealership suggested a faulty idle air control valve, but got no codes when they did the 125.00 diagnostic. We had no check engine light.

We had the idle air control valve replaced, and it's still sputtering at low speeds, and stalling when idle and in drive. The gas mileage is awful, and when exiting the van I smell the scent of fresh gasoline.

Any ideas?!?!

It also needs exhaust work.

:huh::nothappy::huh:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try cleaning the egr valve ports. My van is doing the same thinf but have not got around to cleaning it out yet. There is a lot of infromation about this cleaning job on this and other sites.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys, I just got back from Autozone. Codes read misfire on cylinder 1 and 2, and possible EGR passage block. Would you start with spark plugs/wires, or do the EGR cleaning first? Is it an easy job that any layperson could be able to do without too much trouble? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts