Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my teenage son rides in the second row of my 2010 LX, he frequently complains of a harsh ride. It is particularly bad on poor roads or bumps. The ride in the front seat is not as bad. As we don't ride in the third row seats, I don't know how the ride there would be. I have replaced the original tires with ones that have a softer ride. The new tires helped a little but there still seems to be a problem. I have 22K miles on the van and it seems as if the problem has increased over time. Any ideas or comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
The Ody's suspension is definitely on the firm side. That contributes a lot to its good handling. However, if the ride is uncomfortable, there's not much you can do. Maybe change the rear shock absorbers with ones that are less hard (i.e. aftermarket). Also, check that the air pressure in your tires is on spec. (High pressure will give a hard ride.) Most other vans ride softer than the Ody. Maybe test drive a Sienna or a Chrysler and see if the ride is better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Chrysler rides just as rough if not rougher. Also Chrysler/Dodge "stow and go" seats are ridiculously uncomfortable. This is speaking after my 3 weeks of having a Dodge grand caravan crew rental. It just doesn't compare glad to be out of it and back in the Honda!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts