Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a good, pre-existing hole thru firewall for my amp's power lead. It's pretty thick (4ga?). I've looked at hood release cable (too small) and another grommeted entry on passenger side firewall, but prefer routing stay on driver's side. Any solutions?

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you have an 05- 10 model you can take apart the bottom half of the center console next to the gas pedal and there is a thick ground wire that terminates through that area and run your power wire through there. That's what I did just beware that if you have leather interior or are keeping the factory head unit you will also have to unplug the anc plug from the back of the radio or you wil get a nasty 50 hz hum through your sub with all the doors closed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No kidding. I was crawling around underneath the van and didn't see it.

Finally ran the 4-ga. wire down the firewall behind brake lines, thru a protective plastic skid plate, into the outside driver-side "frame" tube thru a pre-existing hole, then drilled a hole beneath the driver door kick panel into the hollow frame tube.

Grommets are in place and it's only unprotected for about four inches where it exits the skid plate and routes around another frame tube. Thinking about fabricating an aluminum skid plate to protect it there. Or maybe I'll just move it over to that hole you mentioned.

Now if I can make the stock head unit work with the RCA converter I bought and figure out why the auto door locks no longer work....

'07 EX-L, by the way. No RES or Nav. Yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts