Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can purchase a set of rubber floor mats for my 2002 ody?

------------------
Scott.
'02 SS EX

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smw:
Does anyone know where I can purchase a set of rubber floor mats for my 2002 ody?

</font>
<a href="http://www.macneil.com/store/vehsearch.asp?make_id=21&veh_id=281&year_no=2002&veh_opt_choice_id=&item_group_id=3">Weathertech</a>

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Maugham:
<a href="http://www.macneil.com/store/vehsearch.asp?make_id=21&veh_id=281&year_no=2002&veh_opt_choice_id=&item_group_id=3">Weathertech</a></font>
Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for...

·
Registered
854 Posts
I bought a pair of Kracko(I think?) at Costco. They are thick, heavy, and have grooves. I really like them. It came as a set of 4. Two for the front, and put the other pair in the third row which is where the kids go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did as well. Slocko left out the best part--20 bucks for the whole set! They are pretty deep and look like they would hold quite a bit of snowmelt, etc.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by slocko:
I bought a pair of Kracko(I think?) at Costco. They are thick, heavy, and have grooves. I really like them. It came as a set of 4. Two for the front, and put the other pair in the third row which is where the kids go.</font>

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ockham's disposable:
I did as well. Slocko left out the best part--20 bucks for the whole set! They are pretty deep and look like they would hold quite a bit of snowmelt, etc.

</font>
Great, I will check it out. Thanks...

·
Registered
185 Posts
How do the Krackos fit? At $20 I may try them and if I'm not happy I can always upgrade. Not much to lose - especially with a few good cans of Scotchguard as a pre-treatment.

(Love the handle, Ockham.)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Got the Weathertech rubber mats and cargo mat in a place of honor in the middle of our living room floor....Just waiting to be put in our 02 EXL SS when we get the word from anyone of the dealers that calls us first!

Question: does the Scotchguard really work to prevent stains on the rubber mats? Have you used it on previous items and know that it really does the job?

Thank for further info

Schnauzer

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schnauzer:
Question: does the Scotchguard really work to prevent stains on the rubber mats? Have you used it on previous items and know that it really does the job? </font>
There have been some good reports about <a href="http://www.vectraspray.com/">Vectra</a> here on Odyclub. I had them send me the sample and it did indeed repel staining. I haven't used it yet but Shin John reports he is happy with Vectra after 3 months.

Maybe take a look at discussions containing "Vectra."

Regards,

Maugham <center><font size=-5><font color=pink>

[This message has been edited by Maugham (edited 12-14-2001).]

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Yep. Thumbs up for Vectra so far...

I don't think Dave (Gettin'AVan) meant that he would use the Scotch Guard on the rubber mats. I think he meant he's Scotch Guard his carpets, and if the cheap rubber mats didn't catch everything, I'd be no big deal.

My understanding of how Scotchguard/Vectra protectors work leads me to think that it would not work well on rubber... but I could be wrong..

FYI, Chuck mentioned that the MacNeil mats stain quite easily, so that's one downside of using the rubber ones (appearance degrades rather quickly). Something to consider....

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

[This message has been edited by shindog (edited 12-15-2001).]

·
Registered
854 Posts
The Krackos (if that is the name of them) fit pretty well. they don't cover the entire width up front, but there is only about maybe 1 inch on each side. If remember i'll measure. Since they are so thick, I've yet to step outside of their bounds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would agree that they fit ok. Obviously, though they are not as custom as the more expensive, greater coverage variety. With a little conscientious manageing of the ingress/egress maneuver, they are entirely sufficient for my needs. After all, there is no leather in my van to muck up the feng-shui of their utilitarian appearance.
$20 = good chi in my book. But I must confess that I would have the nicer ones if I had money to blow. And then again if that were the case I would have some leather to contend with.
Happy Holidays All!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by slocko:
The Krackos (if that is the name of them) fit pretty well. they don't cover the entire width up front, but there is only about maybe 1 inch on each side. If remember i'll measure. Since they are so thick, I've yet to step outside of their bounds.</font>

·
Registered
239 Posts
After hearing all the hype of the weathertech, I ordered a 4-piece set from autoroadwork.com because of the free shipping. It arrived almost 2 weeks later.
After installing, I have to say I am not too satisfy with them, especially after paying a premium over the the other mats I have bought in K-mart/Wal-mart.
The front pairs seems worth the price alright since it covers almost every inch of the carpet, except the front ends which I think is not stretched far enough. The second row is definitely does not worth the premium, it dose not stretch far enough to the front under both front seats and not even cover enough right under the 2 second row captain seats.
Also, there is no cover under the tray between the 2 front seats.
I am glad I did not buy the 3rd set, I just used the ones I bought in the discount store and they can cover every inch of the carpet back there, with left over that I can cut to cover the place under the tray.

·
Registered
185 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shindog:
I don't think Dave (Gettin'AVan) meant that he would use the Scotch Guard on the rubber mats. I think he meant he's Scotch Guard his carpets, and if the cheap rubber mats didn't catch everything, I'd be no big deal.
</font>
Boy does my writing stink up the joint. Not only do I need SJ for audio consultation but I need him to translate my "English" for me

------------------
dMax
(formerly Gettin'AVan)
GG EX-L w/fog lights

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ockham's disposable:
After all, there is no leather in my van to muck up the feng-shui of their utilitarian appearance. $20 = good chi in my book.
</font>
LOL! Doesn't this conflict with your "theologicus logicus"?

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anyone out there in Odyland know of a product that can be used to prevent stains on the Weathertech rubber floor mats? Someone mentioned that they stain fairly easy....they cost quite a bit, so I'd really hate to look at stained mats after spending lots of time detailing my new ody (still waiting for any of the dealers to call me)
Appreciate any further info.

Thanks,
Schnauzer

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am happy with my WeatherTech front mats so far. I have had them for about 3 months now and they still look new. Anyway I have a pic of the mats on my site's "Our 01 GG EX" album.

------------------
Check out our 01 GG EX and 98 Corolla LE, other 02 Odys, and various model cars at http://community.webshots.com/user/ddakrt

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schnauzer:
Anyone out there in Odyland know of a product that can be used to prevent stains on the Weathertech rubber floor mats? Someone mentioned that they stain fairly easy....they cost quite a bit, so I'd really hate to look at stained mats after spending lots of time detailing my new ody (still waiting for any of the dealers to call me)
Appreciate any further info.

Thanks,
Schnauzer

</font>
Hey Schnauzer, You have GREAT taste in dogs!

This is Krieger, my Standard Schnauzer.

Now, just to stay on subject, I'd like to hear suggestions for stain prevention, too.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Chuck,

You have great taste in dogs too! I see he wears a choke chain....a must for the strong willed Schnauzers! Like his name ...sounds German. Our girl's name is Liebe (means love in German) Will send a picture back at you as soon as my son visits and shows me how to do such a thing!!
Anyway, I hope someone out there will have a solution to preventing the mats from staining. They are nice heavy, quality mats but I will be really disappointed if they get stained!

Schnauzer

1 - 20 of 37 Posts