Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all! We purchased a used 2015 Odyssey EX-L and are very pleased with it. The running lights, however, never go off if the van is running. I usually park outside my daughter's classes (at night) and read my book, but the lights are reaching the kids inside the studio. The only way to make the van go dark is to turn off the ignition. I'm sure this is a safety feature of sorts, but is there a way to turn off ALL exterior lights? Thank you!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think if you have the parking brake set when you start the car the running light won't turn on.
Easiest way is of course just turn the car off. Idling for any extended time is probably one of the worst thing you can do to your car.

·
Registered
14,040 Posts
If you don't know, because you didn't RTFM, to get to the old accessory position on these keyless cars, you just press the red start button without touching the brake pedal.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
647 Posts
Turn off ignition, engage parking brake, turn back on - or use the accessory position if you don't need climate control. You should be using the parking brake anyway...

-Charlie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts