Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been using their service dept for years on our 06 EXL. Took it in for the B3 service (oil change and transmission drain/refill). Left the dealership and stopped for gas and for some reason decided to check the oil filter. Knelt down and lo and behold it was white. Hmmm - thought Honda filters were blue (at least that what's previous ones were). Called back and spoke with the assistant service mgr and asked about it. Yes indeed, aftermarket filter not a Honda one. Explained that I come to the dealership for GENUINE Honda parts and fluids and that the service advisor DID NOT advise me they were using an aftermarket one. If I wanted aftermarket, I would go elsewhere or supply my own. So although Russ Darrow saved $1.50 on the filter, they've lost a customer forever. Idiots - prices may be attractive, but the quality is terrible. Stay away from them IMHO.:nothappy:

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
And who do you think makes Honda filters? Honda doesn't. They just paint the cheapest suppliers filters blue.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
And who do you think makes Honda filters? Honda doesn't. They just paint the cheapest suppliers filters blue.
I don't think that is the point.

My dealer says all parts are Genuine, (I don't give a hoot who makes them). Just give me that cheap blue filter that says Honda on it cause that is what I paid for.

Just my .03

pat

·
Registered
2 Posts
It really sucks, but I have found that you need to explain yourself completely to these people. Don't assume they are looking out for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts