Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a trip with the family and noticed that we need some work on the rear end. With the weight of a family of 5, bike rack, and all the gear for a week of camping the rear end is complaining.
Shocks?
Air bags?
What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Off to Yosemite for now!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Air Lift or Timbren's are your two options.
Air Lift are adjustable, Timbrens replace your stock bump stop with a larger hard bushing.
you can also add a larger spring seat at the top, which can help with lift but not sag under load.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I added a hitch and used a 5 bike hitch rack last summer and had the same problem. Scraped the hitch on the ground a couple times.

I bought a set of Timbrens, but haven't put them in yet. Plan to put them on next time I change the oil and will test them out on the next family trip in July.

I considered the air bags but went with the Timbrens due to them being maintenance free plus the install looks a little easier.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
24 Posts
I added a hitch and used a 5 bike hitch rack last summer and had the same problem. Scraped the hitch on the ground a couple times.
Wow, that’s a lot of rear suspension sag. Glad you’re going to be installing a Timbren SES kit soon - welcome to the Timbren family 🤟🏽.

@ThreeKids&dog, we’re here if you have any questions about our product. If you want to check out the kit for the Odyssey here it is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, that’s a lot of rear suspension sag. Glad you’re going to be installing a Timbren SES kit soon - welcome to the Timbren family 🤟🏽.

@ThreeKids&dog, we’re here if you have any questions about our product. If you want to check out the kit for the Odyssey here it is.
Your product video leaves me without any questions. Looks like an easy upgrade.

Any other component upgrades for the rear end that you guys can think of? Also over 100k on the shocks. What are the recommendations out there? Thanks again for all the replies! Really helps narrow the search.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
40 lbs of pressure in my Airlifts to get my loaded "moving van" 1,700 miles to point B for the summer. Rides very smooth loaded.

100K on your shocks ... time to replace those and the struts for best ride.

·
Vendor
24 Posts
Your product video leaves me without any questions. Looks like an easy upgrade.

Any other component upgrades for the rear end that you guys can think of? Also over 100k on the shocks. What are the recommendations out there? Thanks again for all the replies! Really helps narrow the search.
Our kits won’t solve any aging shock issues. If you want your suspension working at it’s full potential definitely consider replacing those along with the Timbren SES kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts