Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our dealer has a Touring and EX-L w/RES. They were closed so all I got to see was the outside. Sad to say they personally look awful to me. Best thing about them was the EX-L has some nice wheels on it. The handles are indented and stick out way too much, and I don't like that even the touring has black mirrors and tailgate spoiler(gloss on touring, flat black on the ex-l). The lightning belt design looks very strange. The door track should not be a focal point but it is. Peaking in the windows the interior did look pretty nice though. The 2011 looks much bigger in person than the 05-10's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,604 Posts
Isn't that the trend? Make everything look bigger than it is? Every truck/suv now has this big boxy and jagged edges look to make it appear bigger. Might as well throw it at the minivans too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't have a camera with me, but there's plenty of pics on Honda's webiste, to me it looked worse in person than it does it the pictures, but it's all a matter of personal opinion. I thought the touring actually looked worse than the ex-l because the wheel design is ugly and I thought the gloss black didn't look as good as flat black on some of the pieces. I did like the turn signals on the mirrors on the touring though. As with most of the new honda's they go for function rather than style.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
VanMan09 said:
Didn't have a camera with me, but there's plenty of pics on Honda's webiste, to me it looked worse in person than it does it the pictures, but it's all a matter of personal opinion. I thought the touring actually looked worse than the ex-l because the wheel design is ugly and I thought the gloss black didn't look as good as flat black on some of the pieces. I did like the turn signals on the mirrors on the touring though. As with most of the new honda's they go for function rather than style.
I was kinda thinking it must look better in person, but to tell you the truth, I'm not surprised it looks worse. I drove through 2 dealers yesterday and neither had any.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
739 Posts
Everyone saying the interior looks better, but the leather looks distinctly a notch down to me, and the leather dominates the look, sets the tone.

Another killer for me is they took ivory interior out of the black van and replaced it with some kind of sad and lonely stone color that is just the kind of thing I would look at if I wanted a long nap on a Sunday afternoon. Since this stupid design is only tolerable in black exterior, deal killer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
810 Posts
Our local dealer has one 2011 Ody. A black Ex-l. But boy these things are getting pricy, it was 35k. The Black looks sharp. And the interior does look more upscale.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 2011 EX-L I seen was $36,xxx. I was just offered a 2010 EX-L w/RES for 29,250+taxes, I think I may jump on the '10. I would think the 2011 Black ones would look best because the lines probably don't stand out as much, but definately would not want a stone colored interior, way too hard to keep clean.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
739 Posts
VanMan09 said:
The 2011 EX-L I seen was $36,xxx. I was just offered a 2010 EX-L w/RES for 29,250+taxes, I think I may jump on the '10. I would think the 2011 Black ones would look best because the lines probably don't stand out as much, but definately would not want a stone colored interior, way too hard to keep clean.
$36,xxx = $36#@*&% !

That is what you can get a 2010 Touring for right now...

Make sure you do a thorough quality check on the 2010, sounds like some limes have been coming down the line for late 2010.

Why are you looking to replace the 09?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually traded the 09 touring on a cr-v. The cr-v we are finding is a nice vehicle, but it gets very cramped very easily, already missing the extra room the van had for the few months we've had it. The gas mileage at first seemed good in the cr-v, but on highway I only got 24-25, which is close to what the odyssey was getting. Also not to big on 4 cylinders, very week going up any incline and merging into fast traffic. Our 09 odyssey was white and the paint chipped just looking at it and we had multiple dealer trips for little things, definately getting another color this time. Even with a few problems, there really isn't another van I would consider.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
VanMan09 said:
The 2011 EX-L I seen was $36,xxx. I was just offered a 2010 EX-L w/RES for 29,250+taxes, I think I may jump on the '10. I would think the 2011 Black ones would look best because the lines probably don't stand out as much, but definately would not want a stone colored interior, way too hard to keep clean.
That is a great price...I just paid that for a 2010 EX-L without RES. I would jump on the 2010. The 2011 is ugly in my opinion and it is a first year model design which will more than likely have common troubles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,974 Posts
The dealership near me has 2 2011 EX-Ls. I still find it odd that 95% of all the Odys I've seen in the past 10 years have the roof cross bars, but it doesn't look like Honda is making them standard on any models. The interior looked interesting, but the profile still looks odd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,245 Posts
GLAD I jumped on the 2010 back in Feb at a good price rather than waiting to pay full (and now higher) price for an ugly sonofayouknowwhat.

Just like when the new ugly BMWs came out several years back, I just had to sigh and say "Well, I guess I can wait 5 years and see what the next model brings" I'll be happy with my 2010 Odyssey for the next 5 yrs, and hopefully in 2016 Honda will bring a more tasteful design. Hey, it happened with BMW! (New 5 Series and 7 series look awesome compared to the most recent Fugly design, and I'm hoping the 2012 3 Series keeps up the trend)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
531 Posts
Hogan773 said:
GLAD I jumped on the 2010 back in Feb at a good price rather than waiting to pay full (and now higher) price for an ugly sonofayouknowwhat.

Just like when the new ugly BMWs came out several years back, I just had to sigh and say "Well, I guess I can wait 5 years and see what the next model brings" I'll be happy with my 2010 Odyssey for the next 5 yrs, and hopefully in 2016 Honda will bring a more tasteful design. Hey, it happened with BMW! (New 5 Series and 7 series look awesome compared to the most recent Fugly design, and I'm hoping the 2012 3 Series keeps up the trend)
Absolutely the worst looking Mini-van ever. Who came up with that ugly lightening bolt design? Does Honda even have a design department?

I was planning to replace my 2005 (with 60K miles) with 2011, but gotta put that on hold. :-(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
I just received an email from Honda with a link to see the new 2011. My first impression is like previous posters, it's not that great looking. Interesting design, but needs some refinements. Also, my biggest complaint has to do with pricing. 45K is too much for a van and the only thing that it gets you are some needed safety features that should be standard on all of their vans. Provide an option to upgrade to the higher end entertainment system. The HID's should be an option on other trims. I think I'll keep my 2007 Touring. Come on Honda!!! I think that you're slipping some more!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,974 Posts
FTO13 said:
I just received an email from Honda with a link to see the new 2011. My first impression is like previous posters, it's not that great looking. Interesting design, but needs some refinements. Also, my biggest complaint has to do with pricing. 45K is too much for a van and the only thing that it gets you are some needed safety features that should be standard on all of their vans. Provide an option to upgrade to the higher end entertainment system. The HID's should be an option on other trims. I think I'll keep my 2007 Touring. Come on Honda!!! I think that you're slipping some more!!!
I don't understand the people complaining about the price:confused: The top of the line 2011 is 6% more than the top of the line 2010. That is not outrageous considering the upgraded content on the top of the line 4th gen. Most other models are 2.5% - 3.5% higher.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
887 Posts
Saw my first 2011 parked in a neighborhood in Gahanna. Also, drove by Immke Honda on Sawmill and saw one parked by the showroom outside with a big 2011 banner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,245 Posts
psu ody fan said:
I don't understand the people complaining about the price:confused: The top of the line 2011 is 6% more than the top of the line 2010. That is not outrageous considering the upgraded content on the top of the line 4th gen. Most other models are 2.5% - 3.5% higher.
Fair enough, but I got a great discount below invoice on my 2010, and assuming they won't offer those discounts on the 2011 for awhile, then the ACTUAL cost differential is much greater.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,974 Posts
Hogan773 said:
Fair enough, but I got a great discount below invoice on my 2010, and assuming they won't offer those discounts on the 2011 for awhile, then the ACTUAL cost differential is much greater.
Based on the looks of the 2011 alone, the discounts will probably be coming quickly! :D
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top