Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Me again, I am having so much bad luck today!! Now I found out in addition to the rattling door, that the bottom undercarriage of my car has scrapes and one of the plastic hooky things that keeps the protective plastic cover is coming off a little. Can or should I say is there any protective spray that can fix the scratches caused by this? I was at my friend's house and as my wife was backing out, she ran over a rock that gouged some scratches into the bottom part of the car! This really sucks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
The plastic "hooky thing" you are referring to is a common style fastener you can purchase from any Honda dealer or better yet, contact Trevor at HandA and order several, they come in handy down the road. You can purchase several types of spray undercoating, these are widely available at most auto supply stores for about $5-7/can. I've applied a rubberized type that is tar based and easy to do but messy. You might want to locate a garage with a lift and have them or yourself apply this. It will take about 6 cans to do the entire underside. This should cover all your scratches and give you the added bonus of better corrosion protection and slightly better insulation.

[This message has been edited by hip (edited 04-23-2001).]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Handa

What is the web site for handa? I need a few different sizes of those fasteners since my plastic protector got caught on something going in reverse and i lost a few.

·
Registered
14,311 Posts
Handa's website is listed under "links" above. They will not have these parts listed there though. You would have to call during business hours. They are outside of Scramento CA. There are a couple of Honda parts sellers who do have extensive parts lists on the web. One is slhondaparts.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts