Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When pulling into a parking spot last evening, the right front tire rubbed the curb and the rim received a nice blemish. I'd call it a scratch, but it's more like the size of a quarter.

Any ideas on how to repair? My wife hasn't stopped giving me the riot act. Help!

·
Registered
861 Posts
nothing you can really do about it. they have companies that recondition rims....but. best thing to help protect it is to get some POR15 clearcoat and at least replace it so the water doesn't seep into the damaged area.

or, you can now get those cool 18" rims and have one bad-arse looking ODY!

------------------
Owner:
1991 Civic Si, Intercooled turbo ZC
2000 Odyssey LX, working on tons of mods

Any questions related to honda and your ODY? just email me! [email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, i might try buffing the scratch-out (or as out as i can make it look). It can't be much worse than it is now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It could have been worse. My wife rammed a curb pretty good and damaged the rim and rubbed a significant amount of the sidewall off... I'm replacing both the wheel and the tire, almost $300. But hey, it's new and I want to keep it looking like that.

·
Registered
200 Posts
cjl1816,

I did the same thing this past weekend. Our blemish is on the edge of the rim by the tire. Where did yours occur? Did you do the repair? If so, how? I was thinking that if I can get most of it out and seal it again, I would not replace it.

Jeff

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX
Cassette, Rosen Video System, Fog Lights, Splash Guards
Full Nose Mask

See photos at:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/B5EC5C7BC6CFA07

1 - 6 of 6 Posts