Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife noticed some surface scratches on the lip of the rear drivers side wheelwheel of our 4 week old 02 SS LX. Upon further examination, it appears that the interior portion of the sliding door is rubbing and causing scratches on the final 6 inches or so of opening the door. I'm assuming that the door needs some sore of re-alignment. Anyone else run into this problem?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Happened to me. Had to make appointments with service for alignment and with the body shop for the touch up. Misalignment was only slight but enough to cause a 1 inch scratch. Had I not gone through it with a fine tooth comb, I never would have noticed it.

------------------
2002 RRP EX
Weatherflectors, Weathertech Mats & Cargo Tray, FormFit Bug Deflector, Class III Drawtite Hitch, Transmission Cooler, Rear Splash Guards

·
Registered
37 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dsgp:
Happened to me. Had to make appointments with service for alignment and with the body shop for the touch up. Misalignment was only slight but enough to cause a 1 inch scratch. Had I not gone through it with a fine tooth comb, I never would have noticed it.
</font>
Correction, re-read your post and wanted to say that the scratch was in fact on the horizontal (body) portion of the slider channel. You can only see it when the slider is open and you look through the channel space between the sliding door and the body. Wish I had a digital camera...

------------------
2002 RRP EX
Weatherflectors, Weathertech Mats & Cargo Tray, FormFit Bug Deflector, Class III Drawtite Hitch, Transmission Cooler, Rear Splash Guards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts