Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks for your tip, @WestTexasRanger, and the link..... I guess you have not googled it yourself yet, as you would know that there are multiple options/site/products available...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks for your tip, @WestTexasRanger, and the link..... I guess you have not googled it yourself yet, as you would know that there are multiple options/site/products available...
Say what? :huh:

I'm the one who found the Photodon screen savers by doing a simple Google search. I posted the link on the first page of this thread. Evidently you didn't bother to read it.

Photodon's website is pretty straight forward and I found the screen saver for the 2018 Odyssey in less than a minute.

Maybe I should've asked if you knew how to navigate a website?

NuShield now has two different screen protectors for the 2018: The "Day Vue" anti-glare and the "Triple A".

The "Triple A" offers anti-glare, anti-germ and no-fingerprint technology.

Screen Protectors | Screen Shields | Custom Screen Protection
FYI - Mine's on the way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Photodon screen protector says its for the Touring trim. Does anyone know if this will work with an EXL?

Is there a difference between the panels for the different trims?

·
Registered
174 Posts
The Photodon screen protector says its for the Touring trim. Does anyone know if this will work with an EXL?

Is there a difference between the panels for the different trims?
It fits the EXL with NAV & RES. That's what I have and I confirmed fitment with Photodon before ordering mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Photodon have three different materials type. You (Chrisleduc1) use MXH and happy about it. Anyone use MX0? Do I need the 25% glare reduction, is the display that bad? MX0 is better image quality but do not reduce the glare.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I also have the amazon screen protector. It does leave an outline as it fills maybe 95 percent of the top area and all of the screen as well with a cut out for the volume knob. It's basically for protection from scratches only without any loss of brightness or function.

However anybody hoping for a decrease in fingerprints or glare will have to look elsewhere.
I just got this one and installed it. You are 100% correct. It doesn't cover all of the screen. However for the price I cannot complain. Functionality is the same. Maybe when I get tired of it I'll try one of the other ones that were mentioned that cost more.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Photodon have three different materials type. You (Chrisleduc1) use MXH and happy about it. Anyone use MX0? Do I need the 25% glare reduction, is the display that bad? MX0 is better image quality but do not reduce the glare.
I use the MX0 right now, it help reduce the glare reduction a little. I like it and get rid of those annoying fingerprints. Love it so far!

·
Registered
32 Posts
In my opinion, the glare is horrible, especially in the late afternoon.

I would consider myself fairly discerning when it comes to image/screen quality, and I see no discernible loss of image quality with the MXH. The screen is displaying radio and climate data, and sometimes the navigation map. It is all very low-end graphics to begin with. We're not watching HD movies on the screen. While some may discern a loss of image quality, to me the glare reduction is vey much worth it because it is only displaying very low definition content to begin with. But, I was always one to purchase anti-glare screens offered by, for example, Apple on the older MacBook Pro 17.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Only concern I have about screen protectors are that, after being on the screen for years under the sun, will it leave residue when it's finally taken off?

Z.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Glass from Amazon Review

I purchased Glass Screen protector about 2 weeks ago and i got delivery yesterday. Package looks very high end product and yes it does. however,
Glass does not stick to screen all over. around volume knob and at bottom it doesnt stick at all. also it is not antiglare or antifinger marks.
I do not recommended to any one this product.

this is link what i got, https://www.amazon.com/LFOTPP-Honda-Odyssey-2018-Navigation/dp/B074QLV4PF/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504179847&sr=8-1&keywords=glass+screen+2018+odyssey
I have tried several minutes to push hard and keep pressure for some time but it doesnt work!
otherwise this protector is what i wanted for more protection than photodon protectors. i saw someones picture here with photodon and seems that it does stick to screen all over which is great.
sp5.jpg sp4.jpg sp3.jpg sp2.jpg sp1.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased the NuShield Triple A screen protector and overall I am very happy with it. It is a matte finish and I don't notice finger prints anymore and not near as much dust! It covers virtually the entire screen and you even get a small screen protector for the small screen below it (note, don't set it on the top of the tray that slides open because it will fall down behind it and be lost forever)!
I am pretty picky and I like things perfect. I couldn't line up the edges and the cut out for the knob as perfect as I would have liked. I might just be too picky!!! I also have a small area in the bottom right hand corner that doesn't seem to stick. Check out the pictures. NuShield says you there is probably dust behind it and suggested I lift the corner and clean it and put it back down. That didn't work so they are sending me a new one. Personally I think the screen could be cut down a little bit because I think the screen starts to curve a little where it isn't sticking. But really it is not a big deal especially where it is. I would highly recommend this screen protector.
2.jpg 1.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just installed the DayVue version of the NuShield screen protector and i have exactly the same issues as you do. The hole for the volume knob is cut too far to the right by a few mm and the entire protector is slightly too large, so there is about 1mm that hangs over the top (already dust getting stuck up there, and a thin strip on the bottom on the right does not stick.

I give it 4 stars, since it is really a nice screen protector, they just need to tweak the fitment slightly.

I purchased the NuShield Triple A screen protector and overall I am very happy with it. It is a matte finish and I don't notice finger prints anymore and not near as much dust! It covers virtually the entire screen and you even get a small screen protector for the small screen below it (note, don't set it on the top of the tray that slides open because it will fall down behind it and be lost forever)!
I am pretty picky and I like things perfect. I couldn't line up the edges and the cut out for the knob as perfect as I would have liked. I might just be too picky!!! I also have a small area in the bottom right hand corner that doesn't seem to stick. Check out the pictures. NuShield says you there is probably dust behind it and suggested I lift the corner and clean it and put it back down. That didn't work so they are sending me a new one. Personally I think the screen could be cut down a little bit because I think the screen starts to curve a little where it isn't sticking. But really it is not a big deal especially where it is. I would highly recommend this screen protector.
View attachment 116058 View attachment 116066

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered the one from Photodon as well. Easy install and happy with the antiglare so far. It also seems to reduce finger print smudges.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the link guys. I have been using the Photodon MXO for two weeks now and really like it. Website says for touring, but it fits the EX-L just fine.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
About this Discussion
64 Replies
45 Participants
CMW^2
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing