Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up our 2002 Mesa Beige ex. I was wondering if anybody knows of a good seat and carpet protectant that can be applied to help stop stains. The dealer offered us a package for $355 but we turned it down. Seems like a good idea.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just take a swing by your local hardware store and pick up a can of Scotch Guard for upholstery and a can for carpets. I haven't had the opportunity to see how the Scotch Guard for the upholstery works but a nice big grease stain came right out of the floor mat.

------------------
'02 EP Odyssey EX
'92 Accord LX
'86 CIVIC Si

[This message has been edited by daringdave (edited 12-02-2001).]

·
Registered
89 Posts
There's a whole discussion on protectants in Detailing as I remember. There are other products that may be nore environmentally friendly than Scoth-guard, though it may have been reformulated.

------------------

·
Registered
22 Posts
try www.vectraspray.com I ordered the $35 special package and it was more than enough. Call and they will send you a treated tissue you can dip it in coffee, coke, tea ... whatever, everything just rolls off.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ditto on the Hardware store Scotch Guard. I used three cans ($40) putting several "layers" over the first three days of its life. I have four kids and can use all of the protection I can get!

By the way, if you are curious as to whether or not you can get out touch up paint on your seats, the answer is No! My 1996 Odyssey was "sprinkled" at two weeks old and every bit of the paint is still there!

------------------
1996 & 2002EX Odyssey w/towing package and "wood package"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts