Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The H&A description of this items says "The handles do get in the way of install". Can anyone tell me if this is a big deal or a little deal before I order them?

Thanks, as always.
Dave

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Hey Dave,
I ended up buying a Fisher Price seat back "Valet" instead of an organizer. I got it to mount just below the handle so it is nice and tight against the seat. Just modified it slightly to hang better. Looks like this one is really long and it might not be easy to drop it down a little....

Anyhow, the FP was a better pick for us (my wife and I) because it is geared specifically to parents with young children. (no activity tray). Just a thought...

There are lots of organizers out there by many different manufacturers too. Check around!

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too late, SJ! I placed my order w/HandA and decided to throw caution to the wind and get the organizer. With so much to do/get/install/fret over I figured that "done was good". If we hate it we'll return it. If it will make more sense in a few years when the kids get older we'll stow it away and find it when we move!

Dave

(what are the odds that one day I'll be able to help you with something?)

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gettin'AVan:
(what are the odds that one day I'll be able to help you with something?)</font>
Hey Dave, no sweat. I think everyone has something great to offer on this forum. I'm sure you will help me out too, just like so many others on this forum have educated me on so many issues.

Happy Holidays!

------------------
-Shin John

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, I've got one and I have to say it's not ideal for toddlers. The seatback handle thing is not really an issue. The problem is that it essentially hangs too low on the seat back. With a toddler in a carseat the fold-out tray is at about shin-level. My (3-year-old) daughter can't reach any of the pockets except for the big pocket at the very top, because they are too far away and too far down for her. I'm tempted to buy a Scooby-Doo or FP organizer from Target and use this one in our other car.

------------------
Richard
2002 Granite Green EX-L
Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pearsonrj:
With a toddler in a carseat the fold-out tray is at about shin-level.
</font>
So maybe I should order one?

LOL!

------------------
-Shin John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts