Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've searched and could not find the answer - and it may be because its to basic! But I don't know - so here goes - be gentle with me!

I am putting plastic dog crates over the fold down third row seats. There's a woeful shortage of tie down points to use, so thought about using the third row seatbelts to anchor the crates. The idea is to pull them to the center and attach the two tongue latches together over the crates. May be further anchoring later once I have things loaded for the trip, but its a start.

Will the belts lock in a crash if they are not latched into their intended latch? Is this a useless way of anchoring? Do I need to look for other alternatives.

There have been some posts about dog crates but haven't been able to get mine arranged quite to my liking yet.

Thanks,

Linda Gower, Middle TN
'10 EX-L

·
Registered
318 Posts
I think shoulder belts will still lock if it senses a sudden pull. Just think of this, when we get in the driver / passenger seats, and we are in hurry to put our seat belts on, sometimes we yank a little too fast that it 'locks' into place.

This is why I don't think it does not matter if the seat belts need to be latched in order to 'lock'.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - that makes sense. Makes me feel better.

Looking for way to keep the crates in the back, facing out the liftgate. That seemed to an obvious choice for anchoring, maybe not the best, but would keep them from going up in a crash.

Thanks!
Linda Gower

1 - 3 of 3 Posts