Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of buying a 2020 Elite.
I am torn between the Mocha interior that might be hard to match for seat covers, and the Gray, which seems too light colored.
My previous 2 Odysseys had sheepskin drivers-side seat covers, which are comfy in hot Houston summers and long drives.

Now looking for recommendations for seat cover for the Elite ventilated seats.

What seat covers do you have on your heated/ventilated seats? Brand, company, website?
What color, and how does it match your interior? (especially interested for Ody with Mocha)
Do they work well with ventilated and cooled seats?
How is the fit?
What else should I know?

Registered
I never understood seat covers. You're paying premium for leather seats. Enjoy them for what they are while you have them! Live a little! 馃榿
Trying to save your car for possible resale value and denying yourself little joys in life is silly! 馃槣

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I never understood seat covers. You're paying premium for leather seats. Enjoy them for what they are while you have them! Live a little! 馃榿
Trying to save your car for possible resale value and denying yourself little joys in life is silly! 馃槣
Thanks for the reply.
I keep my Odyssey's a long time - well over 300K miles. I race sailboats, and have an ice chest on the front seat most of the time. Sand, grease, blood, sunscreen, and tar-ball residue are constant. When traveling to regattas all over the US, I often eat and drink on the go - with associated spills and messes. Without seat covers, the seats will look like crap within a year.

Same thing with floor mats. I will be getting tub style mats, especially for the front seats, as well. I really like the Kagu 3D Maxpider mats, but no one seems to have the front mats now. Anyone??

Registered
Thanks for the reply.
I keep my Odyssey's a long time - well over 300K miles. I race sailboats, and have an ice chest on the front seat most of the time. Sand, grease, blood, sunscreen, and tar-ball residue are constant. When traveling to regattas all over the US, I often eat and drink on the go - with associated spills and messes. Without seat covers, the seats will look like crap within a year.

Same thing with floor mats. I will be getting tub style mats, especially for the front seats, as well. I really like the Kagu 3D Maxpider mats, but no one seems to have the front mats now. Anyone??
Makes sense with what you use your van for!
We went with Husky Xact Contour floor liners for all three rows and Honda OEM trunk liner as it sits the highest.
Husky is US made and has awesome warranty. Locks on with spikes. And more rubbery feel than plastic-y feel of weathertech in latest years.

Registered
I鈥檓 not sure you will find many seat covers for the front seats because of the airbags built into them.
That's no problem. Good quality custom front seat covers are made with huge holes in them for the airbag to blow through. They're disguised with a flap of material that just tucks into place. I got our seat covers from Shear Comfort and they're awesome.

I can't think of a way to put a decent seat cover on the front seat and still have the ventilation work. I mean, you're covering all the holes, right?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Cromath and Beerstalker. I appreciate the pics with the Mocha seats - that's what I want too.

I finally found some called Covering Spacer Mash, which are supposed to be OK with heated AND ventilated seats.
I will check those Shear Comfort covers. On my previous '01 Ody, with non-ventilated seats, I had a nice sheepskin cover that lasted forever, was cool in summer, and warm in winter. It wore out after 15 years. these days, a real sheepskin cover cost a fortune.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts