Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With two small children and another on the way, I'm definitely getting seat covers for the new oddysey.

I saw the OEM covers at the dealership. They seemed to fit well, made out of wet-suit like material with a plastic or rubber lining on the bottom.

Also looking at some third party stuff, like the coverking neosupreme. Looks a little more stylish, less money, and covers the backs of the seats.

Third party seems like a better deal, but I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts one way or the other? What have been your experiences?

Third party also has front row covers, which Honda doesn't offer. I was considering the spacer mesh fabric for that. (I don't really want to sit on a wet-suit, but I'll make my kids do it to keep them from destroying the car).

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
One of the members in the 3rd gen forum posted his finished install of neoprene covers. They looked really good. Check it out to get some real and useful pics and feedback.

As for 2nd row and 3rd, depending where you are going to put your booster seat... consider some kind of padding. I think neoprene is durable but does rip with right about tension or type of edge pressure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I requested several material samples from coverking to help with my decision. I don't know how long those will take to get here, they didn't even send a confirmation email.

I hadn't thought of the car seats ripping the neoprene. We have some mats that are made to protect the seats from the car seats, so we'll probably continue using those. (They're the only thing protecting the seats right now).

In the first week of owning the vehicle, my oldest stepped on the drive seat with a muddy shoe, and the youngest got a drop of something sticky on his seat. I need seat covers ASAP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally received the coverking fabric samples.

I like the spacer mesh a lot, and will probably use it for the front seats. But due to its extremely porous nature, I think it will hold dirt and stains more easily, so probably not a good choice for the back seats with the kids.

I like the feel of the polycotton drill, and it seems very durable. However it is very thin fabric with no padding. Not that the padding is absolutely necessary, but I think that helps give some of the other fabric types a tighter, more polished look, because of the stiffness that the padding provides. The polycotton, at least in pictures, looks more like putting a fabric bag over the seat. Also, it does not come in the "sporty" two color look. (If I get the two-tone

The neosupreme and neoprene were very similar. The neoprene had a very thin layer of neoprene between the fabric top layer and the padding, but other than that, not a noticeable difference. So at least for me, I probably won't spend the extra cash on the neoprene if I go this route.

I also got the velour sample. It's nice, but probably not as easy to clean, and doesn't come in the two-color option.

As far as the OEM covers go, my wife says she doesn't like the "all black" look. Although as far as material goes, I think a solid choice.

Before making my final decision, I'll probably put these swatches through some abuse to see how well they hold up and how easy they are to clean. If I can find them. My kids have decided that fabric swatches are great fun, and that they should be scattered throughout the house.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I finally received the coverking fabric samples.

I like the spacer mesh a lot, and will probably use it for the front seats. But due to its extremely porous nature, I think it will hold dirt and stains more easily, so probably not a good choice for the back seats with the kids.

I like the feel of the polycotton drill, and it seems very durable. However it is very thin fabric with no padding. Not that the padding is absolutely necessary, but I think that helps give some of the other fabric types a tighter, more polished look, because of the stiffness that the padding provides. The polycotton, at least in pictures, looks more like putting a fabric bag over the seat. Also, it does not come in the "sporty" two color look. (If I get the two-tone

The neosupreme and neoprene were very similar. The neoprene had a very thin layer of neoprene between the fabric top layer and the padding, but other than that, not a noticeable difference. So at least for me, I probably won't spend the extra cash on the neoprene if I go this route.

I also got the velour sample. It's nice, but probably not as easy to clean, and doesn't come in the two-color option.

As far as the OEM covers go, my wife says she doesn't like the "all black" look. Although as far as material goes, I think a solid choice.

Before making my final decision, I'll probably put these swatches through some abuse to see how well they hold up and how easy they are to clean. If I can find them. My kids have decided that fabric swatches are great fun, and that they should be scattered throughout the house.
What did you end up buying? My lil ones have transitioned from Sedan to the Odyssey and I sense the seats will be messed up soon. I'm also tending more towards the OEM ones as I think they'll hold the liquids well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a set of the neoprene covers from what was supposed to be a quality manufacturer, and wound up sending them back due to poor fitment and manufacturing errors. Wound up getting the OEM set, and have been very happy with the fitment, plus they've done great at keeping the seats clean. Personally, I'd have to see how well an aftermarket set fits in person before I'd ever consider them again.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sorry, late to the party. Love my Cal Trends Neoprene Seat Covers. They had the color I wanted (solid charcoal) vs Cal Trends (black or two-toned black and grey). Fitment is spot on. Here's a picture of the second row of my 2016 SE.

_20170313_060950.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
sorry to hijack the thread with this question.
Maxtierney - where did you get the center 'seat'? was this OEM or aftermarket? It looks different from the center seat in my 2016 EXL however may work better. Inquiring minds want to know. thanks.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Here is a link to a thread I posted on our Shear Comfort Seat Covers. We're very happy with them and it's been about a year and a half.

LINK TO THREAD

Also, if the pictures imbedded into the posts don't come through for you, I have all the images in an album on this forum.

LINK TO ALBUM

And if that doesn't work, just look up my albums. There's one in there called "seat covers".

·
Registered
161 Posts
sorry to hijack the thread with this question.
Maxtierney - where did you get the center 'seat'? was this OEM or aftermarket? It looks different from the center seat in my 2016 EXL however may work better. Inquiring minds want to know. thanks.
Since the middle seat isn't used very often (and you can never have enough storage space and/or USB ports) I retrofitted a third generation OEM Odyssey Center Console. Fits like a charm. Snaps into place. Removable. Perfect. Just need to remove a plastic piece on the bottom bracket (takes 30 seconds) and it mounts just like the middle seat.

2017-03-13_04-58-57.jpg
2017-03-13_04-58-53.jpg
2017-03-13_04-58-48.jpg
2017-03-13_04-58-43.jpg
2017-03-13_04-58-38.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts