Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you installed seat heaters? I did a search, but didn't find anything. I'ver ordered a Rostra kit, but I haven't installed it yet. I've downloaded the installation inatructions from their web page, but I would like to place the switch in a different location. Any info from someone who's been through the install would be helpful.

------------------
2000 Odyssey EX-Nav
2001 Toyota DoubleCab 4x4

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've had seat heater in two cars and love them, but it has always been with leather. I don't know how well it works with cloth. Have you added leather? Do you know how it effects cloth seats over a long period?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not have leather yet. Leather is next.

·
Registered
200 Posts
DoubleCab,

I haven't done the installation, but had it installed with our leather. Our switch is on the outer side of the seat, probably about 1/2 way from front to back. So far that placement has been convenient for the few times we have used it. Where were you thinking about placing the switch?

By the way, does the heater installation require you to remove the upholstery? The reason I ask is that if it does, and you may have already thought about this, it might be worth it to install the leather and heated seats at the same time.

Good Luck,

Jeff

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX
Cassette, Rosen Video System, Fog Lights, Splash Guards
Full Nose Mask

See photos at:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/B5EC5C7BC6CFA07

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You do have to pull the upolstery back when installing the heaters. You don't have to completely remove it, so it may be a little easier to get it back in place. The reason I'm not having the heaters installed with the leather is that I don't want the switch on the side of the seat. The heaters are for my Tacoma not my wife's Odyssey. The side of the seat is too close to the door to get my hand to where the switch would be easily., so I don't want to put it there. I came here for advice because it seemed like somthing someone would have done here. I want to put the switches on the center console by the lever for the transfer case.

------------------
2000 Odyssey EX-Nav
2001 Toyota Tacoma DoubleCab 4x4

·
Registered
17 Posts
Question on seat heater circuit.
On the 2002 EX is there factory installed wiring under the seat for seat heaters.

If so, what is it fused at? How much current?

Regards

------------------
2002 Ody SS EX, Splash Guards, WeatherTech mats, Cargo Tray, Plug-n-Go Console, Under coating, Paint treatment, Upholstery treatment, VentShades.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know anything about the 2002 wiring, but the more I read about them the more I want to trade in my wifes 2000 for a 2002.

------------------
2000 Odyssey EX-Nav
2001 Toyota Tacoma DoubleCab 4x4

·
Registered
75 Posts
I found this old thread about Rostra seat heaters, but it didn't include any advice or pointers on the actual install.

Has anyone installed seat heaters? I'm only doing the driver's seat on my 2000, and any advice on the detailed procedure would be appreciated.

For example, will I need hog rings and pliers? Can I use zip ties instead, or just regular slip joint pliers with hog rings?

I assume the best approach for power is to tap into the 12v outlet wiring down by the floor of the center console. Any better ideas?

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts