Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for all of the great info on this site, I have been looking at buying an Ody for quite a while now.

I currently have a 91 Dodge GC with 165000+ miles on it (no major problems). I have three kids and a large dog who travels with us in a big dog crate. We take a lot of road trips. Our usual seating arrangement is to remove the middle two person bench, and leave it at home
and move the three person bench from the back to the middle. Then the dog crate and all of the luggage, golf clubs, etc.. can fit behind the seat.

Question is if there is any arrangement of the Ody which can accomodate all of this stuff. I think we could remove one middle seat and put the dog crate (about 3'x 2')in it's place. Can the middle seats fit behind the third row seat in the cargo compartment so we could bring it with us for carrying Grandparents, etc? Would there still be room for some luggage (and possibly a set or two of clubs?)

I really like the Honda, but I'm afraid a new GC would offer more seating flexibility for my personal situation.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The magic third row bench in the Ody is a love/hate thing. I'm used to having a split rear bench where I would remove 1/2 of it so the dog/luggage could ride in the back. I'm guessing I'll have to do as you said and remove one of the middle buckets, when it is time to travel. I haven't tried removing one of the middle buckets yet, and I don't know how small it would fold up, but the rear well is very deep, and I'd think you could carry the seat back there and still put in some clubs and an overnight bag or two...

------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes, a common problem. I have two kids with one on the way, and also a dog. A third row seat that does not split is not the ideal solution in this situation. I have removed one of the second row seats and it leaves plenty of space for a pet cage, even for a large dog. And yes, there is enough space to put the seat you removed in the trunk, even with the third row seats in use. You could probably squeeze a couple of sets of clubs in the trunk as well, as long as they were upright. Not much space for anything else - you would have to put other stuff under the third row seat and elsewhere. One other thing - you can very easily use the hooks for holding down the second row seat, to hold down the pet cage, with some bungee cords or similar.

------------------
Richard
2002 Granite Green EX-L
Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's an idea, 50/50 split magic seat!!! Does anyone know how the leather would holdup after chainsaw.

·
Registered
197 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by alkirmad:
I think we could remove one middle seat and put the dog crate (about 3'x 2')in it's place. Can the middle seats fit behind the third row seat in the cargo compartment so we could bring it with us for carrying Grandparents, etc? Would there still be room for some luggage (and possibly a set or two of clubs?)

I really like the Honda, but I'm afraid a new GC would offer more seating flexibility for my personal situation.
</font>
I think he wants to know if he can fold up one of the two middle seats and jam it behind the magic seat.

I don't know as I don't have mine yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts