Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
How to remove track and replace roller?

So I just picked up my 2002 Ody EX-L.

So I have a list of things to tackle - first is the door.

The right sliding door is scraping on the painted panel, and the owner told me that dealer quoted 300 bucks to replace a roller.

I'm sure this is something that can be done, just need to be pointed to the right direction.

I assume once track removed, this roller can be replaced? Any steps on how it can be removed?

Pls help.

Thanks,

·
Registered
25 Posts
alternate service option - cheaper DIY

Since I just did this on one of my sides, and being a newbie, I figure I'll try to contribute.

My 02 EX-L right sliding door was scraping the rail cover - OUCH. Since I just bought it, the owner told me Dealer would charge $300 to replace the roller.

I searched online to find that some people actually buy "nylon spacers" from Ace Hardware, and retainer rings, to do this repair.

I did the same, and less than $5 bucks, my door was back in business.

There is a post with the exact nylon spacer and ring to get. I believe it's 5/32" E-clip, which wasn't available, so I got 3/16", and simply "bent" it a bit smaller, worked great.

The spacer was 1/2" x .174 x 1/4 I believe, but the Ace Hardware didn't have this, so I got the next closest thing, which worked great.

To remove the rail cover, you must remove one bolt accessible from side door when open.

Then, remove tail light by removing 2 screws under the cover, and then PULL straight back, it will pop out.

then two more screws attaching the rail cover, you are DONE.

BE SURE to mark the location of the roller before removing it from the slide door so it can go back nicely and no adjustment will be needed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.