Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first week on the forum, as spouse and I are busy shopping for an '08 LX.

This will be a daily driver, week-end getaway machine, No kids, but I plan on carry stuff like drywall, leaves, wood chips with it instead...!
(It just ocurred to me drywall does need saving for college ..:))

Anybody has their Ody setup for that type of use, with protective plywood liner, perhaps?

Does it make sense to remove middle seats completely, and only keep the two-seat bank stowed away for our occasional, short trip passengers?

Note that I do not have direct experience with van yet , so I may be saying silly things, out of ignorance...

Other: The wife has this fantasy of sleeping in the back of the van, in a pinch, while traveling. I am saving this for another thread..:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, I found the Laama Liner in the tech section.. and had a good laugh!

Pretty cool stuff, and a starter idea for me.

(Note that I wanted to edit my initial post with above extras, but did not find the typical "EDIT" option. Can I assume this forum does not support the feature?)

·
Registered
205 Posts
OK, I found the Laama Liner in the tech section.. and had a good laugh!

Pretty cool stuff, and a starter idea for me.

(Note that I wanted to edit my initial post with above extras, but did not find the typical "EDIT" option. Can I assume this forum does not support the feature?)
Only within the first few minutes of posting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
why not buy a pick up?
I mean the oddy is to enjoy with the family, if you want to transport other stuff, than kids, that fine, but i think that a pick up will be a better way to go.

·
Registered
205 Posts
why not buy a pick up?
I mean the oddy is to enjoy with the family, if you want to transport other stuff, than kids, that fine, but i think that a pick up will be a better way to go.
Rain and snow come to mind. Most contractors here use full size vans. More are starting to use the Ford transit connect.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I need to haul large stuff occasionally, AND wife wants to put a small futon in the back...
We will buy a beater in some time, most likely a pickup.

Other: I think I , uh... just bought a used Ody.:D

·
Registered
380 Posts
Please post pics of the new ride or provide link to the correct forum. :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
When I carry dirty stuff like wood chips and leaves, I rent an open utility trailer from U-Haul. I'd buy a small one if I had a frequent need. For other big stuff that isn't so dirty, I'll either use the van as-is, or sometimes lay a thick blanket down on the floor. The 2nd row seats are easy enough to remove and replace, and they have a definite comfort advantage over the rear seats (softer, closer to the doors so they're easier to enter/exit), so I always remove them before hauling a big load and replace them afterwards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts