Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I wanted to install an additional 3 cigarette lighter adapters with constant 12V's as I often have to charge multiple devices sometimes with the car turned off. I have a 2011 Honda Odyssey.

Here is my issue. I was looking to get constant 12V under the dash. I eventually tapped into the constant 12 V from the diagnostic plug with a power cord with an inline fuse (20A) [ I found it extremely difficult to wire directly from the battery and feed through the grommet in the firewall].

The end of the power line was covered to ensure no grounding out.

A friend stopped by and was seeing what I was doing in my vehicle and went to close my rear driver door, but the power assist did not activate which he notified me about.

I checked the power doors and they did not work at all. (doors will unlock when key in the ignition, but will not lock). The rear doors will not open off of the button on the dash. My interior lights will only turn on when the key is in the ignition and lastly my keyless fob will not longer lock/unlock doors nor will it allow for the rear doors to slide open.

Hopefully there is a simple answer to this such as a specific fuse has been blown. I get no lights popping up on my dash, vehicle runs fine, just some of these minor issues that popped up.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yikes, sounds like you should leave your new van to the experts!
Hopefully you didn't blow one of the computers. I would carefully check fuses. Or better yet just drive it to the dealer and maybe they'll do a warranty repair.

Most auto stores have 3-to-1 adapters that plug into the "cigarette lighter" outlets. That is a MUCH MUCH MUCH safer way to get more outlets.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts