Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Honda Odyssey EX-L where I can’t get the door to move. I believe that the motor cable snapped but am not entirely sure. There is also a little “SLIDE DOOR” light on the dash that is illuminated. Any help much appreciated.
Thanks,
Dominic

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just did a quick search on youtube for 2015 Odyssey sliding door. There seems to be quite a few videos regarding the door not closing.

·
Registered
2004 EX-RES
1,064 Posts
Is the motor still working? Can you hear the motor running?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’m having same issue but mine looks like the lock isn’t letting it unlock as it tries to open than fails and starts beeping and can’t open it manually.

·
Registered
2004 EX-RES
1,064 Posts
I’m having same issue but mine looks like the lock isn’t letting it unlock as it tries to open than fails and starts beeping and can’t open it manually.
What year is your car? Honda used a release motor that latches and unlatches the door. It sounds like it either isn't working due to an electrical failure or a mechanical issue.

·
Registered
2004 EX-RES
1,064 Posts
It sounds like It is not unlatching. Does the door powered locks unlocck and lock that door? Before the motor kicks in to fully open the door you should hear a noise like an actuator. I would compare the noise of the broken door to that of the good door.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yep it’s just like you said it won’t unlatch. Looks like I will have to pull off door panel to see if I can free it.

·
Registered
2004 EX-RES
1,064 Posts
I don't know how the mechanism works on yours but on the older generations, there was a cable that would break and could be replaced with materials from home depot or lowes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts