Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shame on Progressive Insurance and American Honda! I am leasing my fourth Honda Odyssey and was recently rear ended (insured is with Progressive). The damage was not bad and the car has been repaired but I was in the process of selling it to buy a new Honda. But, because there is a Carfax report the value has been diminished greatly. I no longer have the car equity. Progressive won’t let me claim diminished value because the car is leased. American Honda won’t file for me. So, I am stuck paying depreciation costs on a grossly diminished value car that no longer has equity and it sounds like I am at the mercy of individual dealerships at the end of my lease. I can’t even turn it in early and get a new one without absorbing the diminished value myself. I thought I was a loyal for life Honda buyer but no more. It is not in my nature to sue but we are looking into it. If anyone has been here before I would love to know how you resolved it. For now, shame on Progressive Insurance and American Honda.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
been there man, just bend over and take it up the..........one of the reasons i dropped my private insurance and stuck with icbc, i am not sure how it works there....

just curious here, if you were rearended doesnt that make the other driver at fault, in turn there insurance covers it??

·
Registered
732 Posts
That is the way leases and insurance work on any brand of cars. You are not alone! Even if you own, or the bank owns, the car - and you have an accident, you will be in the same boat. And if it was totaled, the mileage will factor in what your insurance check will be. Accidents will put you in a upside-down position as far as the value of the car.

·
Registered
732 Posts
been there man, just bend over and take it up the..........one of the reasons i dropped my private insurance and stuck with icbc, i am not sure how it works there....

just curious here, if you were rearended doesnt that make the other driver at fault, in turn there insurance covers it??
I would say so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts