Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Posted by tiger on that 'other' board:

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Well, you learn something new every day; like, for instance, that even vehicles like the Honda Oddity have forums.</font>
Grrrr. I guess he knows this means war...

------------------
Marvyn

2001 SS EX-NAVI (2000 mi)
Mud Flaps * Cargo Tray * Leather Steering Wheel Wrap * Blaupunkt 652 Speakers * Hyper-brand 'super bright' Headlights * Weathertech Floor Mats * PIAA Xtreme White 7440 Backup Lights

[This message has been edited by nyvram (edited 07-25-2001).]

·
Registered
483 Posts
I really don't care what other boards say about us. As long as specific auto enthusiasts have a place to discuss their experiences and views on a particular thing they love, then that is what it is going to be.

Since I was 15, I loved cars & motorcycles. I was willing to go anywhere just to get info on things especially performance stuff - whether it be shows, get-togethers, etc. My energy has diminished a little bit over time, but I'm still at it with my SiR. The passion of making it go faster, making it look awesome, at least in my eyes.

This brings me to the point that we really have to push this ODYCLUB merchandise to reality. At this point, I will shave all HONDA emblems and replace it with ODYCLUB.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well, you learn something new every day; like, for instance, that even vehicles like the Honda Oddity have forums.

Well, them's some mighty big words fer a feller that drives a mighty little car. Bein' from Texas originally, if'n I still lived there I'd give my dog one 'a them Miatas to play with just to keep him occupied.

------------------
David
'01 GG EX-NAVI
Classic Soft Trim leather kit; Audiovox entertainment system; Gentex auto dimming compass/temp rear view mirror; Pioneer speakers front & rear; leather steering wheel wrap; splash guards; cargo tray; cargo liner; power door mods; Helm manual; Honda litter bag.

·
Registered
585 Posts
LOL!

Don't get me wrong; I got nothing against Miatas; I just don't understand the need to slam someone else's choice of vehicles..especially when this person is OBVIOUSLY uneducated as to the coolness factor of the Ody.

Chuck, Nestor & TrickedOdy? (and any of the other cool tricked-out vans I'm forgetting) I command you to go over there and show this guy your Odys. While you're at it, get some of those dudes from the JDM LaGreat club to stick their vans on a boat & come over too. Bet he'd be singing a different tune!

------------------
Marvyn

2001 SS EX-NAVI (2000 mi)
Mud Flaps * Cargo Tray * Leather Steering Wheel Wrap * Blaupunkt 652 Speakers * Hyper-brand 'super bright' Headlights * Weathertech Floor Mats * PIAA Xtreme White 7440 Backup Lights

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by groupset:
Well, them's some mighty big words fer a feller that drives a mighty little car. Bein' from Texas originally, if'n I still lived there I'd give my dog one 'a them Miatas to play with just to keep him occupied.</font>
LOL!

I needed that. I've had a rough ass week.

Miata.net absolutely rocks. I love that site. So what if they don't understand us. Admit it, very few on the net understand our love of the Odyssey, Honda's lawyers included.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nyvram:
Chuck, Nestor & TrickedOdy?...I command you to go over there and show this guy your Odys.</font>
"YES MASTER - MUST DESTROY LITTLE GO-KART FORUM"

Why is everyone getting so worked up about it? I don't think they where using "Oddity" as a negative term - they probably think that's the real name. Like when I say to my friends "I have a Honda Odyssey" they say "What's that, is that like a Civic?"

And besides, who WOULD've thunkit that there'd actually be a forum for a minivan?

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
57 Posts
Now wait a minute. I started that thread (I'm triplecut there too) on Miata.net because of what happened over here. Of course, I have no control over what others contribute, but it was out of concern for this type of Forum in general.

This and other sites are great ways to converse, learn and share information. I don't think Miata.net has ever felt threatened but you never know, Mazda could change its thinking.

You've got to admit, the Miata crowd has a different outlook on things but also have families and the need to haul things and people around too. Miata's just don't work well with 2 kids/dog/stuff/etc... for a weekend at the lake house.

Jim

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used to post there a lot, but don't anymore since the owner decided I didn't agree with his policies enough. Well, the owner and his little birdie in his ear.

Anyway, surprisingly enough my new plate for the van should be in tomorrow. ODYTTEY. Works for me.

We have a Miata, a TT and the Odyttey. No kids, just 4 dogs, three cats and a horse, along with a bookstore. Two cars are daily fun cars and the Miata is the nice-weather fun car.

------------------
'00 Ody EX Navi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts