Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to swapped their shift knob with a 'stick' shift knob?

It seems possible based on Tealphant's pics. Jim, I remember you were gonna try swapping it with your SE-R's.

-nemogira

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
I haven't done it yet. The MOMO has a set screw and I couldn't find the allen wrench that fit. Time to buy more tools!

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
153 Posts
Anyone know how we could get the leather shift knob available from Honda in Japan?

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lorax:
Anyone know how we could get the leather shift knob available from Honda in Japan?</font>
Check out http://www.momo.it/Momo/pomellieng.html. They have some nice aftermarket shift knobs. The only question is will they fit?

-nemogira

[This message has been edited by nemogira (edited 05-01-2001).]

·
Registered
182 Posts
I thought about getting an Acura TL Burlwood shift knob and turning it down to look more like it was made for a column shift, but haven't checked it out yet for thread size. There are a couple on eBay, also one with black perforated leather to match your steering wheel but shape is probably not what you want.

------------------
Lanny
2K1 EX MB

·
Registered
276 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
Check out http://www.momo.it/Momo/pomellieng.html. They have some nice aftermarket shift knobs. The only question is will they fit?

-nemogira

</font>
At $80-$90 a piece, you'd better be sure they do.

I just found some info that says the shift knobs have 14mm mounting hole, secured with set screws and rubber insert.

------------------
Harry
'99 Odyssey Pictures

[This message has been edited by hgani (edited 05-01-2001).]

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen the perforated knobs. The only problem is they tend to have silver or chrome on it. Won't match with anything in my interior. I'm thinking about getting an all black regular leather knob. Got my eyes on this one:

Actually another possible problem is the "feel" of it. These are designed for manual sticks...I wonder how it would feel in the slanted automatic position? Hmm...

-nemogira

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Look at their short "anatomica" knob. It's what I have in the SE-R. It's short and might look ok on the Ody lever.

Then again, maybe not.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
276 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
But it has chrome.
It does look real nice though. A perfect match for my steering wheel.

-nemogira
</font>
Easily fixed, go to electronics supply store and buy 3m black heatshrink tube, slip over the chrome and heat it up, it'll cover the chrome, nice and smooth.

------------------
Harry
'99 Odyssey Pictures

1 - 11 of 11 Posts