Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i let my lady drive the ody ..she call me and said she had hit the key that was stuck in the column near the shifter..the guy i got it from told me not to remove it..how do i put it back in or is there something else i need 2 get for the slot..need help asap ! thanks

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
There is no key for the ignition unless you are referring to the actual car key.

Shifter won't come out of park can happen for a variety of reasons, such as the brake pedal switch failure (common).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no key for the ignition unless you are referring to the actual car key.

Shifter won't come out of park can happen for a variety of reasons, such as the brake pedal switch failure (common).
i'll take a pic and show you as soon as my girl get here with it...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is it here when it is out the shifter is locked.:huh:...put it back in a certian way then it unlocks :huh:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
That is the shift override.

You should NEVER have a key in that all the time while you are driving. It is meant to only allow gear override if you are broken down, wrecked or the trans is damaged (for towing purposes).
Your gear selector switch must be faulty which is why the previous owner rigged it up like that. Get your car to a dealer and get that fixed stat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts