Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any easy way to do this that doesn't require any wiring? For Christmas, my Mom ordered my sister several books on TAPE. I(very tactfully) told Mom that her Accord has a CD player. Besides listening to them with a cassette "Walkman" laying on the passenger's seat,is there any way to listen to them over the car's audio system that pipes it to the FM tuner via RF with no wiring required other than plugging in a cigarette lighter power cord?
PS-My sister is a Duke & Georgetown educated attorney so, needless to say, the solution must be a "no-brainer"!

[This message has been edited by dlh2 (edited 12-18-2001).]

·
Registered
185 Posts
But wait, SJ - I seem to recall lengthy threads regarding playing cassettes when you don't have an in-dash cassette unit. Why wasn't this a solution then? What am I missing?

Edit - Oh, I just read the details on the crutchfield unit and it appears that you need continuously-variable manual FM tuning in order to pick up the signal. Could this be the rub?

------------------
dMax
GG EX-L w/fog lights

[This message has been edited by dMax (edited 12-19-2001).]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
radio shack has what appears to be a similar device. An FM wireless transmitter that plugs into the portable's earphone jack--part #12-2051. Think I'll go by and play with one in the parking lot...

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dMax:
But wait, SJ - I seem to recall lengthy threads regarding playing cassettes when you don't have an in-dash cassette unit. Why wasn't this a solution then? What am I missing?

Edit - Oh, I just read the details on the crutchfield unit and it appears that you need continuously-variable manual FM tuning in order to pick up the signal. Could this be the rub?
</font>
Dave, the answer to the question is simply: I didn't think of it at the time (nobody did). Perhaps also, IIRC, I believe the discussions were more centered on direct input, but alas, this option is a good one for many, and I'm glad it was brought up here. I've never used one of these device though myself.

Credit to Dorhn for bringing up this usefull idea!

BTW, the Ody radio does have continuously variable tuning, IIRC.

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

[This message has been edited by shindog (edited 12-19-2001).]

·
Registered
185 Posts
LOL! That's a pretty good reason.

I misinterpreted the term "continuously variable manual tuning". To me that harkens back to the day when you turned the dial and a little red jobber moved along a little window and you could get stations that were "between" frequencies etc. Since I don't know how precise this little transmitter is I didn't know if it might require such reception.

------------------
dMax
GG EX-L w/fog lights

1 - 10 of 10 Posts