Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came from a dealership and had negotiated a really good price (I think) on an EX-L in my favorite color. Unforunately, the manager realized that they only had my color in an EX-L without RES and that there are none "anywhere on the east coast" either. No other acceptable colors were w/RES available anywhere. He offered to have the orginal Honda DVD installed aftermarket and knock a little more off of the price (covered by warranty). I left saying we would think about it, mostly because I was annoyed and didn't want to make a split second decision.

Now here is what I need to know: are there any other differences between the EX-L with and without RES besides the DVD? Any potential problems using an aftermarket Honda DVD as opposed to factory installed? He also said that the exl dvd is not split screen only the ones on Touring models are, is this true?

·
Super Moderator
13,875 Posts
There is no way the stealer can install that factory system for you. Lots of panels involved and most importantly, Honda normally does NOT pre-wire anything. Not sure about 4th gen but the 3rd gen definitely needs a custom harness fabricated for the RES (and the NAV). I doubt 4th gen is any different. If you really want that factory RES, if I were you, I'd wait.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Only the Touring Elite gets the split screen; The Touring gets the standard res. IMO, the split screen isn't the game changer the (standard) res is. After demo-both I went with the standard Touring. Although the high-end sound system on the Elite did rock (when cranked).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is no way the stealer can install that factory system for you. Lots of panels involved and most importantly, Honda normally does NOT pre-wire anything. Not sure about 4th gen but the 3rd gen definitely needs a custom harness fabricated for the RES (and the NAV). I doubt 4th gen is any different. If you really want that factory RES, if I were you, I'd wait.
THANK YOU! I had a feeling I was being lied to. I'm gonna wait until I find one with factory RES.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Plus with the factory RES, you get the AC receptacle plus av inputs in the back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Plus with the factory RES, you get the AC receptacle plus av inputs in the back.
I thought only the Touring models had the av plug and inputs in the 3rd row seating? I don't recall seeing them in the EX-L model, even with the RES.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts