Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of the MDX sport rims and will be ordering some tires for it, likely from Tirerack. But the question is, would you keep the OEM wheels in case you need to sell the van? I hear that for trades dealers want the OEM equipment. I don't trade often, driving my veh. into the ground usually, but who knows....? I have a single fam house, but space in my garage is tight due to other projects and tools, etc. I'm leaning towards selling them.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I generally keep my stock rims. When you get rid of the car you can put the stocks back on to sell it and then either keep the rims for the next car of sell them seperately if you don't want them any more.

·
Registered
346 Posts
By the time you trade/sell, it won't matter what wheels it has. You get more in total for the van as was and selling the new wheels separately, true. If you plan to hold the van for another 3-5 or more years, though, this is really a moot point and more hassle than it's worth. Between now and then, too, your wheels are worth less to you and to other buyers than would be a few hundred in hand today along with the open storage space.

I might suggest that you offer the old set to would-be snow tire users for this coming winter at a reasonable cost + shipping. Keep the boxes from the Acura wheels if you have some for this purpose. You will need new lugs for the Acura wheels as the 2006 Ody lugs differ from other styles and from the 07+ Ody lugs, so store/sell the old '06 lugs with the wheels as a package if your buyer is a 07+ owner.

PM me if this appeals to you, as I might know one or two new Ody owners up near me who could exhibit mild interest if asked in a few weeks, not sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts