Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we are looking for a used Ody. I found the following...2007 dark cherry pearl, 41,000 miles, CPO, clean carfax, EX-L with RES, no pin stripe (big plus for me!), mud flaps, new shoes all around, jump seat included, looks super clean, all service records showing oil and filter done religiously along with other PM. It is what we have been looking for. Asking $20,400 w/o the extended warranty or $20,900 with the extended warranty (7/100). Not sure if it is the Honda Care extended warranty though. Will confirm in the morning. It meets my strict criteria. Can't pull the trigger though...should I jump on this one?

I also found one for $17,200 from a private seller. I could probably get them down closer to $16,500. It is same as above less RES. It has been in an accident though. Seller disclosed front right door was hit and repaired. Since it has been wrecked probably gonna walk away, actually I am walking away. Just can't buy a wrecked vehicle even though its been repaired.

decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
380 Posts
As a comparison 2.5 weeks ago purchase from a dealership:

07 EX, silver pearl, grey interior, non-CPO, 41.6K miles, incl. Jumpseat, very clean with tow package, new shoes, brakes,etc. Only thing my independant mechanic inspection could come up with was marginal pass on battery, and torn rear wiper, both of which dealer replaced. Clean carfax, no accidents etc.

Cost? $17 300. (Dealer was local Ferrari/Maserati dealer who took this as a trade in).

Difference between yours and mine: your interior is likely leather, RES, and you are CPO'd and HondaCare warrantied.
To me CPO is meaningless, and additional warranty never ever is worth it (YMMV though).

To be fair, my area is selling similar to yours but with more mile (80-90k) for 18,900-20K so, you aren't far off.

·
Registered
287 Posts
$20,400 is a good price for 2007 CPO EXL+RES.

If you want to be super sure, spend $50 to $100 at a shop for an inspection
or have a mobile mechanic meets you at the dealership.

The 2007 model bumper-to-bumper warranty is 3y/36K miles but it expired already.
Honda CPO warranty gives the 2007 van an extra 1y/12K mile coverage.

If the van were still under new car warranty, you could lower the purchase price by another $500 if you decline the CPO certificate.
Since the 2007 warranty already expired, I would rather keep the 1y/12K miles coverage than keep $500. Too many thing could go wrong with this generation of Odyssey.

When I bought my luxury SUV, it still had 2.5 years of new car warranty. I declined the CPO to save some money. After purchase, I had to replace the roof rack under warranty. If I had to pay, it would hurt since this was a luxury dealership; parts and labor were outrageously high.

My 2008 Ody van (bought with CPO warranty) had a stiff power steering.
At first, I was not bothered by it but when the weather turned cold it became more noticeable at slow speed.
I brought the van back to the Honda dealer (not the one I bought from) and the PS pump was replaced under warranty, no question asked.
The dealer also tracked down a loose wire that caused the map light to flicker.

If my Ody didn't have new car warranty or CPO warranty, I don't know if Honda would fix the PS pump or the map light under good will.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pulled the trigger and some say lost my man card

Brought home a Dark Cherry Pearl CPO 2007 Ody EX-L RES with 41k miles on it this weekend. Finally pulled the trigger. Nice ride! Digging it so far. Some of my buds say I have lost my man card. What else am I going to fit 4 car seats in that will make my wife's life easier, I ask them. They have no answer.

Next I am going to rack it with the Yakima rook rack from our old vehicle. It will accommodate up to 4 bikes on the roof. Hopefully this week I can dump the "new" tires the Honda dealer had put on. Some off-brand junk that is horrible. My Discount Tire will take then as trade on some new rubber (going to hit up the forum search for tire suggestions next). Then I will tint all around and get the all weather mats.

Glad to finally join the club!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Welcome to the club Im also a 07 Odyssey owner. Dont worry about what your friends say they will ask to borrow your vehicle if they ever needed to haul alot of stuff and you simply tell them no get your own. :) But serious you will enjoy it,I have several cars but find myself always driving the Odyssey trust me you will appreciate all that space and you not worry what others think of you driving a minivan.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Sounds good - these vans are nice and drive very well. They do have some issues but I am digging the way it drives. I went for drilled rotors and ceramic pads, stainless lines and now it brakes very well - before I've done the recall too. The ones I saw other than mine were missing a lot of stuff like jump seat (only 1/2 was there), floor mats, headphones, cargo net, lazy susan, etc. Seems like they go to auction and guys take everything that isn't bolted down and put on Ebay. Mine was '06 EXL RES @ 56k and 4 of powertrain warranty left for about 18k, but needed brakes and a scratch in rear bumper, tires.

Kuhmo's aren't bad, there is a huge thread on tires FYI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts