Votes: 12 85.7%
  • New Car

Votes: 2 14.3%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need quick good advice. I have an '01 ody ex 196,000 (KM) which is about 95K Miles. Tranny just went.
Tranny already once replaced about 5 years ago. Now I just need it to get to work and back (8,000 KM per year). Should I throw $2,000 into a new tranny, or throw the towel in on this one.

your advice please.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'd put the money down on a rebuilt transmission and while you are at it have a transmission cooler + remote filter installed and make the switch over to a good synthetic ATF fluid like AMSOIL. This should let you have normal 30k transmission fluid changes and a long life transmission.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I agree, a good tranny and proper maintenance will be more bang for the buck. I had to think about the same thing.. $2k and if it lasts 2 years, is a lot cheaper than a car payment.

·
Registered
97 Posts
m_eli said:
I need quick good advice. I have an '01 ody ex 196,000 (KM) which is about 95K Miles. Tranny just went.
Tranny already once replaced about 5 years ago. Now I just need it to get to work and back (8,000 KM per year). Should I throw $2,000 into a new tranny, or throw the towel in on this one.

your advice please.
Hey Fellow Canuck!

I replaced my tranny at 190,000 and have never looked back.

I'm almost at 240,000 kms.

By the way m_eli, did you vote for a new car?

Shame on you! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts