Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone elses van displayed this warning light. It comes on and off for no particular reason or driving condition. Will take to the dealer to check it out but was curious if any other vans were doing this.

------------------
2002 Starlight Silver EXL-RES

·
Registered
122 Posts
It is suppose to go on and off after you start the engine.....It is a test feature

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It shouldn't come on while driving around. It isn't at start up. Should have clarified that a little better. The light seems to have a mind of its own and come on and off during driving trips. Seems to me like a computer glitch.

------------------

·
Registered
12 Posts
Actually, the "side airbag off" light should come on when driving, if a sensor, which is located in each of the front seats, detects that a person is sitting (or leaning or sleeping) such that his/her body is too close to the side airbag deployement zone, creating a possibility of injury if it were to be deployed. Its my guess that either yourself or your front seat passenger initiated it by how you were sitting. It will turn off when you sit straight.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks "Oldschool". I will check the manual for some clarification. In theory that explanation makes sense but it makes you think that something is wrong when the light comes on.

------------------

·
Registered
11 Posts
This happened to me too. My light came on as I was driving with my son who is in the passenger seat. He was leaning against the window. As soon as he sat up straight, the light went off.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup..Verified this with a late night drive. When my wife leaned awkward in the seat the light came on. As soon as she sat back, the light went off. I am just glad that this is a feature instead of a creature. Thanks again for the info.

------------------

·
Registered
31 Posts
Our dealer told us the light should also go on if you have an unsecured parcel, like a pocketbook, on the front seat. The side airbag turns off so it won't propel the object into you in case of an accident. Also a short person in the front seat, who would suffer more than benefit from the side airbag would turn it off. Last, he also said that excess humidity would do the same. Don't know why, but he said running the AC would fix that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts