Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had any luck with side-by-side carseats in the 2nd row. I have a forward facing Britax and a rear-facing infant seat now side by side.

We need to replace the infant seat with another convertible car seat.

Any thoughts or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shige

·
Registered
687 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
yes you can

I have had 3 carseats on the second row, you do have to put the seats in "wide mode" to be able to do this.Also note that it is impossible to easily get to the 3rd row for a passenger if you have 3 carseats in the 2nd row.lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have had 3 carseats on the second row, you do have to put the seats in "wide mode" to be able to do this.Also note that it is impossible to easily get to the 3rd row for a passenger if you have 3 carseats in the 2nd row.lol
not impossible... they can access through the trunk! :DD

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually easy to access 3rd row, the seats will tilt forward allowing access. Just make sure the seat reattaches properly and remember the person in the back can't let themselves out.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I think certain carseat wont fit side by side. We have frontier 85 SICT, and it wont fit

·
Registered
139 Posts
We have a Britax Frontier in the outboard position and a RF Britax Blvd in the middle seat. The middle seat is pulled forward to the driver's seat. The other outboard position is empty. It pulls forward and tilts nicely to allow my older kids access to the back.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I believe the op meant side-by side.. BTW, does the op have 3 kids? Or just 2? Why would he want side by side? Would it be practical to just use the outer seats and make the middle row empty so its passable to third row? Just me

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've done 3 Britax seats across the second row. They fit fine with the seats in wide mode. I have a rear-facing Blvd behind the passenger seat and a Frontier in the middle on a daily basis. I prefer the seat behin dthe driver to be free because three adults live with us and my mother-in-law is not going to be climbing into the third row, especially not over a carseat. We keep the third row folded to use the extra cargo space anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What do you mean by 'wide mode'?

Here's why I'm curious...

I have an 08 LX. With kid #3 due this winter, I'm hoping to pick up an 8th seat to install. I'm still kinda clueless though, but the sticky topic was quite helpful.

Since the LX doesn't have the overhead seatbelt, I figure I'd have to use LATCH for the carseat in the middle. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
395 Posts
They blew the inner armrests of the captain chairs in the process though :(
When the seat back of the middle seat is folded down, it not only works as cup holders, but is also tall enough with enough space to function as an arm rest. Of course if you remove the middle seat, then you lose one arm rest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts