Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's me, but I can not figure out how to fold the side mirrors on our 2012 Odyssey Touring so exiting the garage will be, shall we say, less exciting.

I've read posts where people talk about folding these mirrors, but I'm stumped.

Can the side mirrors on the Touring model be folded?

Thanks.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Yup, the side mirrors are manual folding. Kind of inconvenient if you have to fold and unfold them every time you enter and back out of your garage!

:(

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yup, the side mirrors are manual folding. Kind of inconvenient if you have to fold and unfold them every time you enter and back out of your garage!

:(
Exactly... or sounds more like (if having to fold side mirrors everytime) 1. the garage isn't really wide enough for the Van or 2.. driver skill... LOL!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 2012 EX and need to manuallly fold atleast one of the side mirrors to make the car enter the garage comfortably. I still cannot figure out how to do this. The mirror housing structure seems to be pretty immobile and fixed. The manual does not mention anything about manual folding. Can anybody help?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought a 2012 EX and need to manuallly fold atleast one of the side mirrors to make the car enter the garage comfortably. I still cannot figure out how to do this. The mirror housing structure seems to be pretty immobile and fixed. The manual does not mention anything about manual folding. Can anybody help?
I had the same thought. Push a little harder don't be scared, they will fold in!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Your right, the Ody mirrors aren't really meant to fold for convenience. They are more a safety feature so the glass doesn't shatter in the event you hit something while moving down the road. I see people fold the side mirrors in when parked on a street in order to "protect" them from other passing cars, but I would think that might actually be worse, since then they would be fixed in place and more likely to break off if hit. My town has a trolley running down the center of the main street so I don't usually park on it, but the cars are constantly getting pushed between the trolley car and the row of parked cars and mirrors get clipped rather frequently. There is not a whole lot more clearance gained by folding them in, but I can understand that an extra inch or two could easily make all the difference when entering and exiting the garage. One thing I have noticed with my mirrors is that they don't really fold all that much toward the front of the car (as in if you were to hit them while driving in reverse, or be hit by a passing car). They have a little bit of flex, but not all that much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts